Responsive Design Front End Developer
As a Responsive Design Front End Developer, your main responsibility is for the production, modification and maintenance of websites and web application’s user interfaces. This involves working closely with designers, in using semantic mark-up language i.e. HMTL5/CSS, to turn their static Photoshop designs into working browser based web pages. You’ll also work closely with server-side developers to implement their server-side code in order to develop complex, interactive and database driven websites. Some of the time you’ll be working with an off-the-shelf CMS, so you’ll work closely with the designers to integrate designs seamlessly into the chosen technology.
- Create standards and best practices-compliant HTML markup and CSS
- Work with our talented group of web designers, backend web engineers, project Managers and QA Engineers to develop and deploy error free customer facing web pages
- Convert Photoshop PSDs into clean semantic HTML/CSS markup with a strong focus on clarity, maintainability, cross-browser/platform compatibility and performance.
- Develop and maintain policies, procedures and support documentation for development projects.
- Maintain a high awareness of industry issues and trends, particularly in regard to accessibility, usability, and emerging technologies, and keep team members informed as appropriate, with a view to incorporating these in future projects and staying ahead of the market.
- Provide accurate timing estimates on work.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience
- 4+ years as a front-end web developer, producing professional websites and/or web applications
- Knowledge of different browser quirks with Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari and Mobile browsers on both PCs and MACs
- Experience with manipulating JSON objects and communicating with APIs.
- Experience in Responsive Design methodologies, create one page to fit different screen and device sizes
- Expert with Photoshop and image optimization
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills using browser-built in tools such as Firefox’s Firebug, Google Chrome’s Developer Tools and Internet Explorer Developer Tools to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Experience with version control such as SVN, Git
- Self-motivated/organized, ability to thrive in a dynamic working environment without sacrificing quality
- Agile methodology experience (Scrum)
- Must be able to work on-site; this is not a virtual or remote position
- Please submit work samples / URL’s pointing to work along with resume