Our client, focused in the outdoor/consumer goods space, is looking to bring on a 1st Shift Distribution Supervisor on a FT basis - Role will be onsite in Northern suburb of Illinois.
The Distribution Shift Supervisor will lead a high performing team to deliver products on time to the customer, implement new processes for product lines, and ensure their team is trained and skilled to achieve key performance indicator targets. The Supervisor is responsible for the overall performance of the Distribution Center, including warehouse operations, OSHA, Safety, and DOT regulations, logistics, inventory management, receiving, shipping, material handlers, drivers, promotional support, and transportation. The Supervisor will plan, organize staff, and direct related functions and activities within the DC.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Maintain customer service and customer satisfaction as a high priority.
- Hire, train, and develop employees to work productively with high sense of urgency and positive customer service attitude.
- Manage expenses and operating ratios to perform at or better than budget.
- Monitor all scheduled tasks to insure they are efficiently completed.
- Provide training as needed to maintain efficient and knowledgeable work force.
- Collect, analyze, and report productivity data.
- Manage accuracy and quality of inventory.
- Communicate with manufacturing plants to ensure accurate timing of transfer of goods between plants.
Education and Experience:
- High school Diploma or GED
- MS Word, Excel, Outlook
- Supervisory fundamental training
- Experience managing people
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong analytical and communication skills with a proven ability to work within the framework of a team
- Knowledge of distribution systems and procedures
- Ability to prioritize tasks and plan and organize labor to complete
- Basic understanding of the trucking and traffic industry
Position Type, Expected Work Hours:
This is a full-time position working in a distribution environment. The Supervisor spends more than half of the shift working on the floor and may have to occasionally lift up to forty pounds.
If interested in and qualified for this position, please forward your resume today!