- Our Corporate client in Mendota, IL is seeking a Mid Level Manufacturing Supervisor to lead a dedicated staff, increase production efficiencies, and effect change at a world renowned brand on a FULLTIME basis.
The Shift Supervisor WILL:
- Lead shift personnel, assign duties, coordinate all activities on shift: job changes, rework, maintenance and technical activities.
- Assure staff is trained properly in safety, quality and operations.
- Task 3 Understand and follow company policy and apply disciplinary actions if necessary; understand and follow quality standard for start-up and production of all jobs.
- Participate, support, and lead PSH continuous improvement objectives.
- Execute quality decisions when manufacturing processes are not running efficiently and seek resolutions. Maintain record keeping for attendance, production paperwork, shift notes.
- Participate in various meetings off shift.
- Provide training for new employees. Provide a safe work environment. Investigate/resolve any safety incident.
- Supervise multiple activities in plant (molding, technical, warehouse, quality).
- Evaluate staff performance toward company goals.
- The Shift Supervisor MUST HAVE:
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements, labor laws, OSHA is desired
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong leadership, decision making, and problem solving skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Background in injection molding or plastics is preferred