We are working on an exciting role for an Accessories Design Director with strong print background
• Manage Design Team – providing direction, structure, coaching and development.
• Collaborate seasonal design inspiration with Brand Team.
• Implement design direction for Handbag and Accessories per season, in liaison with seasonal inspiration and communicate and oversee proper execution with design team
• Oversee and review design inspiration boards, sketches, trend and materials research, style development and creation trend + market research
• Oversee and select artwork, prints, embroideries, custom hardware development, graphics, etc.
• Conduct handbag and accessory design team meetings, implementing adherence to design calendar
• Seasonal line presentations (retail, sales, etc.), as per calendar
• Ensure timely line completion and corrected samples for market
• Trend research, trade shows with design team
• Prior experience in design direction, management of creative teams and brand led design.
• Strong background in Print Design and Development.
• Experience in oversees factory development, trend research, trade show attendance
• Ability to supervise staff and effective communication on clear directives and adherence to calendars
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills Education and/or Experience
• Degree in Fashion Design
• 10+ years prior designer level experience – print design & accessories background in design a must