A top NYC ad agency is seeking an Account Director to lead a fast-paced consumer launch of a promising health & wellness brand with blockbuster potential within the US and global markets. This account requires modern, innovative strategic thinking, strong day-to-day management, and a leader who is ambitious to create breakthrough work. The ideal candidate for this position can balance the autonomy of account leadership while embracing both the collaborative and team culture as well as being part of a robust integrated Omnicom multi-discipline team.
• Responsible for profitability for one or more accounts and represents the agency at the community level.
• Manages client relationships and resolves functional conflicts through consultation with department/group heads.
• Provide personal leadership in client relations and in internal administration of accounts
Daily Duties & Responsibilities
• Ensure the timely development and execution of plans, campaigns and projects to assure earnings, growth and profit goals are achieved.
• Exhibits a willingness to solve problems by relying on proven experience in order to forge new approaches.
• Plans, develops and defends budget recommendations, work goals, measurements and training requirements necessary to provide both quality and profitable service.
• Assures that client relationships remain harmonious and that the clients receive a quality of service that will encourage further growth and profitability.
• Integrates into client team environment, is accessible for the strategic needs of the client and partners with them on their overall advertising/marketing concerns.
• Maintains open and complete communications of client issues with functional leaders and agency management.
• Provides leadership, coaching, and management of direct reports
• Fosters a culture where creativity and inventiveness can thrive – a mentality where “Yes, and” can shine.
• Ensure that the staff works in conformance with agency policies, procedures and public law.
• Facilitates and promotes agency and corporate initiatives.
• Be the first point of approval on time sheets, expense accounts, travel plans, vacations schedules, cash advances, and other routine requests by your group.
• Responsible for insuring the overall effectiveness of integrated accounts where applicable.
• Insures that the resources of the agency, department by department, are deployed with continued maximum effectiveness in the interest of his accounts.
• Strong healthcare category is a must
• Familiarity with internal regulatory entities, FDA guidelines/process
• Understanding of healthcare marketing best practices/requirements (including pharmaceutical companies)
• Desire to drive organic growth from existing clients
• Collaborate, team player that works well with internal departments and external agency partners