Our global digital marketing agency client is hiring an Account Director on a contract to hire basis. This role is set to start immediately, for the Chicago team, however role can be remote!
As an Account Director, you will be required to lead a team of creative, strategy, production and client services to deliver a wide variety of integrated marketing solutions for our clients. You’ll draw from your experience in adept client management, marketing strategy and project management to bring out the best of those around you while managing multiple projects and clients. The Account Director will lead the development of a portfolio of client work with the goal of elevating the quality of our agency output and growing client relationships.
The Account Director will:
- Serve as the key client contact and own long-term client relationships on 1-3 key client accounts.
- As the lead client counsel, build and maintain trusting client relationships while creating world-class work – implement projects seamlessly and transform internal & external challenges into opportunities for growth.
- Ensure a holistic understanding of client’s brand and goals, as well as agency ambition and strategy, to be the lead on connecting multiple related workstreams. Offer ideas on how client strategy can be translated into brilliant work.
- Lead the brief development process. Lead client briefing sessions and the development of brand solution proposition. Then take part in the written and verbal creative brief in partnership with strategy counterparts. Lead client presentations, creative feedback, project implementation and scoping/budgeting, and evaluation.
- Work with the client service, creative and production teams to deliver solutions on time and within budget and exceed client expectations every step of the way.
- Be a creative champion, leveraging your in-depth understanding of marketing trends and innovation to always striving to help make the work better.
- Cultivate strategic business opportunities, building key relationships, team leadership and serving as a catalyst for growth among assigned accounts. Lead governance sessions with key client groups on an ongoing basis.
- Develop accounts to drive profitable growth from your portfolio of clients, looking after the short-term and long-term needs of your account(s) as well as the future potential for increasing business. Own the management of each client revenue streams – forecasting & actualizing income through a deep understanding of client needs and potential.
- Embrace, champion and execute total career planning throughout your team to ensure you attract, develop & retain the best talent – play a coaching and supportive role in building your team’s capability through regular performance management.
- Proactively pursue opportunities to improve the agency beyond your day-to-day responsibilities and see them. So aim to become involved in projects outside your team responsibilities – be energetic about what you do, take pride in your work and be the one bringing new ideas to the team every week.
- Work to foster a collaborative culture between everyone in the agency.
The Account Director Requirements:
- 4-6 years industry experience.
- Evidence of strategic leadership, effective client management and growth skillset
- Proven track record of excellent job performance
- Experience in technology or B2B is a plus but not a prerequisite.
If you are interested in and qualified for this position, please forward your resume today!