Our lively, fast-paced agency on the North Side of Chicago, is looking for an Account Executive, on a Fulltime basis, who’s a master of day-to-day client management and ready to elevate to the next level - This person should have strong client management as well as PM capabilities (timelines, budget tracking, etc.). This role is set to start immediately, and has the opportunity to be remote, while the client would prefer candidates in Chicagoland area.
The Account Executive is vital to every stage of an integrated program: starting with strategy and planning, onto timeline development and project management, and through to post-campaign reporting. They are responsible for intake and tracking of projects, reviewing and assessing requirements, establishing schedules, evaluating creative work against brand standards, and cross-platform, cross-program technology and content mapping. This person will coordinate brand, creative, marketing, platform, technology and other teams as needed, managing deadlines, timelines and deliverables using current project management tools.
The Account Executive serves as the client’s voice when developing and executing marketing and advertising campaigns. They help ensure the efforts of the various team members (account, creative and digital teams) and components (strategy and tactics employed: online, print, social and PR) align with the client’s goals. They are the key project management point person and ensure projects run on time and within budget. They are responsible for developing new client relationships and maintaining existing ones.
Account Executive Responsibilities:
- Builds rapport and credibility to comfortably engage in frequent contact and builds and maintains a solid relationship with clients and vendors
- Seeks a thorough understanding of clients business, products and brand
- Remains actively involved in day-to-day client initiatives, including understanding of business building, strategy, media and creative projects
- Manages client expectations regarding marketing plans, budget, scope of work, timing, schedules, job estimates and process
- Works with creative and production team in coordinating, preparing and producing deliverables for website development and digital projects; reviews all materials before client presentations and final production
- Understands Agency and Client Profitability and is able to forecast monthly client revenues and drive growth within existing clients
- Maintains client status reports, conference reports, change orders and any other documents and deliverables as required
- Monitors and shares competitive activity, market data and marketing updates
- In absence of a senior management, field’s requests from client to obtain and document requested modifications to work in progress
- Runs client meetings
- Other duties as assigned
Account Executive Qualifications:
- Marketing/Advertising industry work with 2-4 years of experience, preferably in a client-facing role in the online advertising industry with proven success. Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, PR, business or equivalent business experience required.
- Knowledge of advertising/integrated marketing agency principles and practices including emerging digital marketing best practices.
- Knowledge of communication and advertising/marketing techniques. Proficiency in general agency accounting practices.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Strong problem solving skills, negotiation skills and detail oriented.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to foster optimal departmental relationships. Excellent communication skills, both written and oral. Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to simultaneously manage several projects on time and within budget.
- Proven success understanding and managing client’s needs. Understanding of client P&L and budgeting practices.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, financial, project management and time tracking programs.
- Working knowledge of Advantage and Basecamp, a plus.
- Self-starter capable of thriving in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment. Emphatic interest in digital and online advertising. With proven experience in managing website and digital projects.
If you are interested in and qualified for this role, please forward your resume today!