Our creative agency client is seeking a fulltime Account Manager with 3-5 years of client-facing Account Management experience in an agency or brand setting. This role will be remote until agency transitions back into the office in Portland.
The single most important responsibility of the Account Manager is to fully understand our clients’ needs and objectives at the deepest level for the work they engage us in and ensure those are being addressed throughout our creative development process. Account Managers are the voice and internal representation of our clients, while also acting as stewards of our internal process and approach.
3-5+ years project, design, or account management experience within an agency or design department setting. Proven track record at building and growing client relationships. Experience working on integrated brand programs for clients in one or more of the categories of sports, lifestyle, innovation, and technology.
Skills and Requirements:
- Ability to distill client inputs and information into a brief that informs the team of the client's request and expectations.
- Ability to leverage strong writing skills to provide clear internal and client documentation.
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to build strong client relationships and interact with clients at various levels
- Demonstrated understanding of our service offerings and ability to identify opportunities for organic growth within current client relationships
- Ability to manage multiple streams of work across multiple clients
- Independent thinker who shows initiative
- Strong sense of the value of design and your contribution to the overall effort.
- Strong working knowledge of office software (MS Office / G Suite)
- Comfort with Mac OS
- Identify project objectives and develop proposals that offer realistic timelines and profitable results
- Create scope of work documentation clearly outlining client needs and objectives, deliverables, and activities. Work with Project or Program Manager to establish a financial budget and work plans
- Maintain barometer for client relationship health and be the voice of the client throughout a project life cycle, ensuring goals and objectives are being met
- Contribute to the development of creative strategies that answer both internal, as well as our clients’ business objectives
- Tracking and measuring project financials & profitability (in partnership with Project or Program Manager)
- Communicate the value of design and strategic thinking in all client engagements, be a trusted advocate to both sides of the process
- Deliver the highest level of professional dedication and performance
- Partnering with a Project or Program Manager and Creative Director, guide/advise the team in all aspects of project development with the ability to step in and support the program manager as needed
- Facilitate project kick-offs; create an internal brief and provide the team with supporting materials
- Reports to Director of Account Services