Our client is a news, internet media and entertainment company. Their cutting-edge, modern, and on-trend approach propel them at the forefront of the industry.
Account Manager Overview:
As the Account Manager, you will be responsible for working directly with clients, overseeing briefs from start to completion, and ensuring project objectives are achieved.
Account Manager Responsibilities:
• Partner with Sales in building successful client and agency relationships
• Work with internal cross-disciplinary teams to maintain successful agency and advertiser relationships
• Hold a general knowledge of all aspects of industry and clients’ business and the ability to apply that knowledge to meaningful insights.
• Enter and manage insertion orders within third-party and internal sales operations systems
• Serve as the client’s primary point of contact for the program while providing reporting, monitoring program performance and delivery
• Partner with Creative, Production, Distribution and other internal teams to successfully launch and manage programs and production schedules
Account Manager Qualifications:
• 1-2+ years experience working at a publisher, media or creative agency managing a brand’s digital advertising strategy, creative development and buying activities
• Experience partnering with internal teams to brainstorm solutions that achieve client goals and future needs
• Experience in a client interfacing role and comfortable presenting to different audiences, tailoring messages accordingly
• Worked on complex programs across a variety of spend levels and verticals, with proven success of client growth
• Experience reporting and monitoring program performance and delivery by working with distribution and advertising operations teams
• Proven project management experience and ability to navigate and communicate timelines and deliverables (internally and externally) with accuracy
• Experience and ability to tell a story using data, research and insights research
• Keynote, Powerpoint, Excel, Google Product Suite and/or Basecamp, Slack and Boostr knowledge