• Build strong, lasting client/agency relationships based on making progress in achieving clients’ marketing objectives with efficiency that results in profit to the agency.
• Encourage a positive, harmonious attitude among supervised personnel.
• Maintain positive morale and sense of teamwork among agency staff assigned to your accounts.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Supervises the development of the advertising program in accordance with clients’ objectives and budget limitations.
• Prepares cost estimates of agency time for client jobs.
• Consults with creative, planning and media staff to be certain client objectives are clearly understood and then to develop strategic solutions.
• Reviews creative and other staff work to insure that it reflects the strategy and objectives prior to submission to the Account Director and/or Group Account Director and client.
• Maintains contact with appropriate client personnel to insure continuing agency awareness of clients’ desires, interests and understanding of agency work.
• Informs the Account Director and/or Group Account Director of key developments that have implications for his/her client counterparts or agency management.
• Supervises Account Executive(s) in their direct responsibility for development of advertising within approved plans.
• Stays alert for opportunities to increase client activity and billing, as well as obtaining new business from existing clients.
• Evaluate performance and skill level of account group personnel and recommend staffing changes necessary to support client needs.
• Foster close communications with the clients’ management to encourage discussion of any problems relating to compensation, agency performance, personnel, etc.
• Take the leadership role in strategic development of marketing plans to grow the clients’ business as well as generate incremental billings and income.
• Participate in major client presentations and make other contacts that will strengthen the agency/client relationships.
• Guide the day-to-day development of all client projects. Insure that progressive steps in the process are approved with adequate time to meet schedules.
• Participate in new business activities as assigned.
• Responsible for key segments of client business.
• Champion integration and ensure effectiveness of integrated teams.
• Agency experience 5+ years
• Ad hoc projects, as needed