Job descriptionOur client, a digital-first, fully integrated marketing agency.is seeking an Account Supervisor to join their growing account management team for a FT permanent role.
Reporting to the Director of Client Services, the Account Supervisor is responsible for account management, development and retention of assigned clients through strategic and tactical development of marketing programs, to include both digital and traditional projects. Integrated knowledge base and can answer client’s questions to help them meet their objectives. Digital agency experience is essential, especially paid search, paid social, SEO, and websites/landing pages. Possesses a high emotional IQ and be able to entertain, grow bonds and develop relationships with clients, as well as internal teams. Understands the online and offline media — and is hungry and progressive in the space and category.
1. Team Building/Leadership
- The Account Supervisor demonstrates leadership qualities and behavior that guides, directs and influences other account managers and enables them to effectively perform their job duties and grow professionally.
- Provide leadership, direction, oversight and mentoring to the junior members of the account team.
- Provide clear direction and establish expectations for junior team members. Delegate tasks as appropriate while ensuring quality of work meets agency standards.
- Assist in training and development of assigned account managers.
- Assist in creating team atmosphere and ensure effective and open communication among all account team members.
- Celebrate/acknowledge achievements of staff with agency and client Build relationships and work closely with inter-departmental staff and management.
- The Account Supervisor is the lead point of contact for any and all matters specific to client’s marketing efforts: digital (SEO, Paid Search, social media, websites) or traditional (radio, TV, print, direct mail) marketing.
- Develop and maintain excellent client relationships.
- Ensure overall client satisfaction.
- Effectively represent agency POV to clients.
- Deliver recommendations for programs, new initiatives/opportunities and seeks to continually strengthen quality of client relations.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of assigned client’s industries, marketplace trends, company culture, products/services and strategic communication plan.
- Monitor and analyze performance of programs and provide recommendations for improvement.
- The Account Supervisor must have basic project management skills and an understanding of how things work in an agency — but with an overlay of financial acumen, strategy, salesmanship and diplomacy.
- Oversee day-to-day account activities.
- Manage and communicate the execution of client work such as: strategic plans/briefs, status reports, creative briefs, SOWs, media plans, schedules, contact plans, business decks, monthly reports, case studies, etc.
- Lead client meetings and ensure timely follow-up.
- Manage multiple client retainers and/or established budgets in conjunction with scopes of work to achieve targeted profit margins on all agency products and services.