Our client, one of the most sought after wine and spirits communications agencies, is looking to bring on an Account Supervisor to their New York location.
This person must be a proactive problem solver who can think quickly. They must be a strong writer, who values and embodies the fundamentals of establishing genuine relationships with media, crafting the most intriguing and relevant stories, and ultimately keeping our clients in the news on a consistent basis. The primary roles of an Account Supervisor are to serve as the account authority for your clients, manage requests, help junior staff develop professionally, and translate clients’ goals and desires into effective communications plans and strategies.
- Effective client management including leading meetings, responsive communication, and ensuring client needs are met in a timely manner
- Account leadership that balances client deliverables, profitability, and the professional development of staff
- Creates detailed, strategic media plans and pitches that are creative and current
- Lands top tier media placements for clients through new and existing networks of media contacts
- Manages and mentors several direct reports, contributing to their development and growth
- Participates in new business proposals and presentations
- 5+ years of wine/spirits hospitality and/or travel PR experience, preferably with agency vs. in-house with a proven track record of results
- Thorough understanding of public relations fundamentals including media list development, media planning, media-training for spokespersons, pitching across print/media/broadcast outlets
- Confident in one of Cision/Propel/Meltwater/Muckrack and Microsoft office tools (Excel, PPT, Word)
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong relationships with business and lifestyle contacts are a must and knowledge of the culinary, wine, and spirits industry is a plus
- Understands how to get the big stories that make our clients and our agency proud and are meaningful and impactful to our clients business
- Can work strategically across multiple accounts at once – and handle and field requests from clients, media and managers alike
- Ability to develop innovative communications campaigns for clients