Job descriptionOur client, a world leader in power generation, is looking to bring on an Administrative Assistant to join their team on a freelance basis for a 12+ month contract; role is hybrid on site working for the New Orleans' team.
The Administrative Assistant will work independently to deliver on responsibilities in collaboration with the LM Technical team lead and Technical Leadership team. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for tracking the site expenses and the site budget, schedule. The training and meeting Coordinator and help maintain the site and facilities spic and span, attending phone calls to the facility, submitting purchase requisitions, finding vendors, following up with vendors, paying invoices on time etc. Managing incoming materials and maintaining critical materials and equipment inventory. The Administrative assistant will work closely with the technical team to help in efficient operations and delivery on program milestones.
- Find/Interact with suppliers/vendors Request PO and PO management,
- Submit request for badges to NASA for visitors and follow up to get the badges on time and tracking visits
- Office arrangements: visits, catering, desktop allocation, meeting rooms maintenance, connectivity at the site
- Schedule meetings and trainings as requested and coordinate
- Arranging and maintaining office stationaries, documentation, consumables etc.
- Service training arrangement of resources and maintaining records of all training
- Budget tracking for the site operations and maintenance
- Attending phone calls from NASA, Visitors etc.
- Helping staff with submission of expenses and any other general activities associated with administration
- Manage inventory of critical materials, equipment’s and maintain documents
- Ownership of all meeting rooms and facilities to ensure that they are maintained to the highest standards
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or a 2-year degree with 2 years of relevant work experience
- Works independently and possesses a level of functional expertise necessary to manage the office
• Strong computer skills with specific experience in MS Excel, MS Word, and Accounting systems
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Good PR skills and public speaking
- Strong oral and written communications skills – Preferably bilingual English and Spanish
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Strong computer skills.
- Proficiency with MS Excel.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexibility to work rotating shift schedules per site needs.
- Desired Characteristics:
- Experience with inventory management in a production environment.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Project management skills and basic technical knowledge will be an advantage