Job descriptionThe Allocator will manage inventory levels for assigned merchandise categories, ensuring stores have the optimal amount of product at all times.
Examples of Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage merchandise from initial allocation through end of life cycle, including replenishment and consolidation of goods to other stores or channels.
• Control overall store inventory levels based on store capacity, seasonality and selling curves.
• Allocate multiple product categories to retail stores, while working closely with the Planner to ensure that each location has the right product at the right time.
• Participate in monthly reviews with merchandising and planning to ensure allocations meet sales objectives.
• Manage the basic stock replenishment program, partnering with the Planner to maximize sales and optimizing stock levels in stores.
• Partner with production team regarding ship status, shortages and overages.
• Collaborate with Planner to identify growth opportunities and minimize down-trending business. This includes identifying the best assortment of merchandise for stores, based on past sales performance, emerging trends, and store needs. • Provide analysis to drive sales and margin opportunities by store while limiting risk.
• Make recommendations to improve processes and tools to improve productivity.
• Focus on maintaining data accuracy of cross functional alignment. Ensuring information inputs are accurate and active throughout various systems
• Actively participate in the cross functional team to drive the business.
Skills and Qualifications
• 2-3 Years of relevant work experience in allocation or inventory analysis, preferably in the retail industry.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Excellent analytical, organizational, communication, and computer skills.
• Demonstrated ability to identify opportunities and create solutions.
• Detail oriented with excellent follow through.
• Ability to shift priorities and embrace change.
• Fosters a positive and motivating work outlook with emphasis on team collaboration
• High proficiency in Excel