Job Title: Graphic Designer
The Designer is part of a collective team responsible for apparel, accessories and hard goods concept designs, production art, header cards, and web images.
Specific Job Duties
- Create concept art and flat sketches for apparel, accessories, and hard good silhouettes for in-house private label and licensed programs; Design and layout all on-product brand identity elements (print, pattern, product, graphics, trims)
- Create exciting original prints and color ways for prints to reflect seasonal concepts
- Create engineered layout, tech sheets and repeats
- Updates storyboard art in a timely manner and hands over to Marketing for catalog creation; Ensures that design team has all accurate information as it pertains to style names, codes, pricing, product details.
- Builds strong design technical packages to hand over to development team
- Ensures design assets (CADS, sketches, artwork) for tech packs are accurate and reflect most updated line changes. Review and approve all final art assets (domestic and import) before sending off to production, strike offs and samples
- Create artwork and graphic layouts for displays.
- Stay on top of specialty techniques (washes, specialty prints, embroidery, appliques, etc.) that are in the market
- Produce quality artwork that is consistent with the brand look + feel
- Assists product development as needed with measuring of garments and review of product
- 3-5 years’ experience in a graphic design role.
- Strong working knowledge of Illustrator and Photoshop
- CAD and/or Pattern Background Appreciated
- Strong organizational + project management skills
- Needs to be detail-oriented
- Multitasker with the ability to react to urgent requests