Job descriptionJob Description:
Our yoga and activewear client is seeking an Activewear Designer to join the team. The person in this position will collaborate and work with our Women’s Active and Accessories Designer to build on their foundation of seasonal designs for women’s activewear and accessories(AXS) categories. The primary job function is to create tech packs and flat sketches and maintain seasonal Visual Line Plans as needed for development and production. You will work with cross-functional teams including Design, Product Development, and Technical Design.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Create clean, concise, and accurate tech packs for Womens Activewear and Accessories inline product as well as SMU styles with direction from Active/AXS Designer.
• Convert design sketches and/or samples into comprehensive tech packs using Adobe Illustrator and Web PLM.
· Create swatch palette code library in PLM and create physical swatch palettes for team/vendors.
· Create technical sketches by calling out construction and styling details.
· Prepare and revise tech packs as necessary throughout development phases.
• Attend handovers and fit meetings with Product Development and Design team.
· Create seasonal trim development tech pack and coordinate with Trim Development team to ensure timely sample production.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities, anticipate workload demands, clearly communicate project status, and maintain a high level of operational transparency and accountability.
· Build out seasonal Product Knowledge decks outlining all styles CADS & style details.
· Assist designer’s needs in various projects and follow through to completion.
• At least 4+ years of experience in active wear designing
• Experience of creating tech packs
• Strong knowledge of Illustrator
• Understanding of garment construction
• Ability to sketch flat garments and make construction call outs
• Must be positive, a critical thinker, organized, a team player, very detail-oriented, and a fast learner
• Knowledge of Microsoft OS (excel, outlook, teams) & Apple OS (the company laptop is a mac) & Adobe Illustrator
• Knowledge of PLM software a plus but not required
· Valid drivers license and ability to work within the office environment 2-3 a week once office re-opens
· Hybrid work model: 2 days on-site in Irvine, CA office and 3 days remote