Job descriptionCompany Overview: A fashion chain selling upscale womenswear and childrenswear.
Apparel Designer Responsibilities:
- Overseeing samples for Women’s, Juniors, Missy clothing.
- Oversee research and inspiration to create a cohesive concept each season, review emerging trends and shapes, and research local markets.
- Collaborate with the design team to create mood and inspiration boards to showcase new trends, inspirations, materials, and silhouettes.
- Partner with Merchandising to develop commercial components of each collection. Ensure that product is consistent with market trends and adheres to the codes of the Brand and the business strategy.
- Oversee research and inspiration to create a cohesive concept each season, review emerging trends and shapes, and research local markets
- Develop and implement seasonal line plans to feature a balanced product mix aligned with current trends and customer needs
- Create a launch strategy for each collection to ensure the product is communicated effectively to the customer and product investments are supported
- Manage the buying process and establish a pricing strategy to achieve margin goals in partnership with the planning team and VP of Product
- Ensure deliveries and planned product flow are achieved on-time as outlined on the merchandise calendar, analyze historical customer characteristics, and identify opportunities for category expansion
- Execute the merchandising strategy on a door-by-door basis for each retail store and eCommerce in partnership with planning and allocations teams
- Provide competitive market analysis and manage seasonal industry trend recaps to ensure the product offering is aligned with trends in the market
- 5 – 10 years’ experience in junior/missy apparel design
- Experience with discount merchandisers / private labels a plus
- CAD, fitting, and approval experience required
- Merchandising experience is a plus