As our Apparel Designer/Developer, you will lead design efforts focused on Men’s/Women’s and Kids apparel. You will utilize exceptional design skills to create innovative and original concepts that will carry a distinct brand signature and handwriting. Design/ Developers should have an understanding of new technologies in the fabric and apparel industry and know how to apply them to product lines. You will lead the product design process and partner with the Project Manager to ensure design deliverables and timelines are met. Core responsibilities include, but are not limited to, creating line boards, color palette, fabric and graphic direction for the range. You must have expert knowledge of apparel construction, costing and design in order to effectively design into price targets of the line plan. You will be expected to present designs and creative direction in key product presentations. You will maintain and continuously expand your knowledge of product and color trends globally through research. Ideal candidate must be comfortable sharing product design experience, skills and best practices with other design team members.
Requirements for the position include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Apparel Design
- Minimum 5 years related design experience
- 2 years additional design experience in lieu of a degree
- Proven management skills in leading a design team through complete life-cycle process, from concept through product launch.
- Exceptional ability to apply and perform design skills, including drawing/sketching, concept creation, color theory, use of texture, spacing, visual presentation, scale and layout
- Comprehensive understanding of garment construction and textiles
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to exercise a high degree of professionalism
- Accustomed to working in a rapidly changing environment and managing multiple and competing work priorities, demands and changes
- Ability to create new ideas, concepts, brand vision, generate consensus and work cooperatively