Our client, a well-known apparel company is looking for an Apparel Graphic Designer to join their team in Los Angeles.
The Graphic Designer will utilize his or her creativity to create and design graphic-related prints for our various brands and Designers. He or she will collaborate with different departments to manage the development and execution of the design. This is a permanent full time role for a candidate who has advanced Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator skills and has strong communication skills that will thrive in a fast-paced work environment. Looking for clean portfolio. Typography is very important.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Design and layout of graphic prints, all over prints, embroidery and embellishment for t-shirts and other garments
• Execute film and color separation to make art screen print ready
• Interpret the needs of the Design team and develop graphics and copy as necessary
• Work with Production and Design team on graphic matrixes, pantone call outs, and graphic sizing for apparel production
• Produce mechanical art and complex graphic design including: logos, illustrations, photographs, tags, labels, etc.
• Ensure revisions are done completely and accurately
• Work on site across multiple teams to ensure close collaboration, brand consistency, and timely project completion
• Design dramatic and eye-catching graphic solutions to communicate brand message in all print related avenues
• Research, identify, and share current industry design trends and competitive reviews as they relate to the brand
• Actively participation in meetings and design critiques
• Complete ad hoc as assigned by management
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Possess advanced skills in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
• Ability to demonstrate logical thinking and problem solving skills
• Ability to develop strong, synergistic relationships with a multitude of teams and personnel
• Strong multitasking, prioritization, and organization skills
• Strong work ethic to excel in a fast paced environment
• A creative design aesthetic that complements the current style of the company
• Must be highly organized and detail oriented
• Must have strong communication skills and the ability to follow-up when needed
• Must be able to perform efficiently with tight deadlines and goal driven
• Ability to work in a very fast-paced environment while maintaining a high level of quality and accuracy
• Must be able and willing to lift and carry up to 10 lbs., perform frequent repetitive finger, hand and wrist motions, as well as bending, stooping, reaching, squatting, kneeling, pushing, and pulling
• Must be able to sit for extended periods of time
• Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design
• Minimum 2-3+ years in-house graphic design experience
• Expertise in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop
• Strongly skilled in Design, Typography, Grid and Layout
• Understanding of pre-press and print production
• Experience at luxury or contemporary brand