Our client, the world's most recognizable sportswear brand, is looking for an Apparel Visual Designer
- You'll generate product visualizations for design teams looking to improve on their ability to concept, critique and confirm apparel product decisions.
- You’ll collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams to compile all design inputs to allow for best-in-class visualizations.
- You’ll produce digital design outputs by creating and utilizing 3D apparel chassis simulations, material physical properties, 2D texture assets, and 3D accessories.
- You’ll use your digital skills and design talents to facilitate successful projects, working independently as well as collaboratively.
- You’ll partner with team members across product, color and graphics to assist in identify new tools and process that further enable and accelerate innovative product visualization.
- You’ll execute solutions that deliver results, while meeting complex challenges with creativity and energy.
- Preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate a combination of 3D production and apparel design skills.
- Collect and organize 3D and 2D Assets that will go into creating best-in-class Apparel Visualizations.
- Create material libraries that capture physical as well as visual characteristics to be utilized in a 3D workflow.
- Prepare 3D body assets for use in 3D apparel simulation software.
- Manipulate and prepare 3D simulations to produce visually accurate results that can be exported to other 3D packages.
- Collect, manipulate and prepare 3D Accessories for the use with the body and apparel assets (footwear, socks, hats, etc…)
- Provide input for product owners to define scope and requirements for digital assets.
- Provide input to design, business, and technical teams to ensure feasibility of designs against the budget and overall product/platform needs.
- Ensure all deliverables are of the highest quality, including participation in visual QA and hand-offs to development teams.
- Communicate effectively around project needs, deadlines and goals.
- Participate in team meetings and ensure that stated objectives and agendas are being pursued collaboratively.
- Work in an independent fashion, solve problems, and make decisions, while involving people at the optimal levels for project success.
- Be passionate about delivering a premium solution but find ways of producing it that do not jeopardize schedule and budget.
- Actively gain and share knowledge of industry standards and digital design trends and conventions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Art, or Computer Science
- Several examples of successful product visualizations.
- At least 4+ years’ experience in 3D modeling and rendering
- Digital product design experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with large and complex systems of interactions
- An understanding of 3D rendering workflows and production
- Ability to collaborate as part of a multi-disciplinary team, as well as communicate and influence across organizations
- Must be organized, able to act independently, and able to switch rapidly between different projects in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, 3D Modeling (i.e. Blender, Modo), 3D animation, rendering software and related workflows.
- Apparel product design experience is a plus
- Apparel simulation (Clo3D, Marvelous Designer) experience is a plus
- Experience with game engine production and asset creation is a plus
- Can work with grace under pressure
- Excellent oral and written communication skills