The brand creative art director plays a key role on our energetic and fast-paced marketing team. This is a hands-on design role that is responsible for developing and driving the overall aesthetic and visual design direction for seasonal campaigns and brand creative. This is a hands-on role that will influence and lead a talented team of designers, and collaborate with cross-functional partners to deliver on a best-in-class customer experience and a flawless consumer journey.
The brand creative art director is a strategic thinker that demonstrates solid experience in channel design with a focus on digital and retail, has an elevated design aesthetic, and has worked as a design leader either at an agency or internal brand creative team. This individual is a is an outstanding designer, who focuses on high quality design experiences, has acute attention to detail, quickly grasps concepts and can see the “big picture.”
. Design Execution of channel assets across a wide range of channels (ecom/mcom, app, email, organic social, paid media, retail and catalog/print).
. In partnership with creative leaders, create art and design direction; typography treatments, color selection, layouts, and animations.
. Ensure consistent execution across all assets. Inspire and contribute conceptual ideas while pushing the creative design.
. Ensures that imagery is delivered within best practices and meets our brand’s guidelines and standards.
. Create style guides and templates for use by other designers, and social content creators.
. Leadership. Provide art direction to your team, assign projects and help them manage workload, as well as your own.
. Partner with production to ensure schedules work for everyone.
. Conducts regular touch bases with team.
. Provide leadership, inspiration and coaching to a team of designers.
. Communication/Collaboration Partner, collaborate with and take direction from creative leadership.
. Collaborate cross-functionally to meet business goals and ensure designs implemented align with the brand's initiatives.
. Leverage strategy, analytics and consumer insights.
. Collaborates with designers, copywriters, art directors, prepress, brand and marketing teams, web developers, as well as trafficking team, to create, iterate and deliver creative assets.
. Workflow/Process Maintains cross-functional workflow processes and standards.
. Reviews all digital assets before they go live, including site Q/A, emails, promos and banner ads. Identifies opportunities to improve workflow and processes.
REQUIRED BACKGROUND EXPERIENCE
• BA in Graphic or Web Design
• 5-7 years art direction or design experience
• 2-3 years in design leadership
TECHNICAL SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• A master of typography and hierarchy
• Solid knowledge of digital media
• Depth of knowledge in designing content to support storytelling on key social platforms
• Highly proficient in Adobe Photoshop and thorough knowledge of the latest Adobe CC programs
• Highly proficient in Mac OSX (connecting to servers, organizing files, and sharing documents)
• Knowledge of optimization standards for GIFs and motions Graphics
• After Effects skills are a plus
• Working knowledge of XD and Keynote
• Knows how to optimize images and animations for various digital platforms
• Understands responsive design, how to design for various devices, viewports and retina.
• Has a sharp eye for design and elevated aesthetic
• Strong attention to detail and is organized
• Strong ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks for yourself and your team
• Ensures quality control with a quick turnaround
• You’re a self-sufficient problem solver with a problem-solving mentality
• Experience working with project managers/producers on behalf of a team
• Proven background working cross-functionally across many teams and departments
• Ability to navigate ambiguity and fluid business priorities
• Possesses grace-under-pressure
• Excellent verbal and written communication style
• Must be friendly, motivated, and a team player
• Establishes rapport and collaborates easily with web developers
• Stays current on competitive landscape, including e-commerce, email marketing and social campaigns
• A strong understanding of marketing and storytelling principles