Our client is looking for an Art Director to work with a sophisticated client in the luxury/jewelry vertical. This position is based in Philadelphia - open to candidates in NYC or Philadelphia. (Travel required to corporate headquarters in Philadelphia.)
The Art Director will understand the company’s marketing initiatives, strategic positioning and target audience and how to design for them. They will generate clear ideas and concepts, create and manage creative working assets from end to end, and communicate brand systems with cross functional teams. The ideal candidate will have strong background in graphic design, art direction, brand strategy and production. The creative work includes, but is not limited to digital media, print media, social media, and instore experiential design.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage and mentor Design team members (Positions Supervised: Associate Graphic Designer, Freelance Designers)
• Own brand aesthetic director and style guide, and ensure it's captured across all consumer touch points.
• Conceptualize, design, and organize promotional and editorial design projects including seasonal and launch focused e-mails, website features, digital advertising, organic social, print and in-store signage.
• Create cross-channel, merchandise-driven editorial storytelling with a focus on customer delight.
• Create high-level art direction decks and partner with CMO on execution.
• Produce mockups, storyboards etc. to visualize ideas with a luxury high end look and feel
• Support and collaborate with the visual display team to make unified 360 channel aligned design systems.
• Manage projects and meet deadlines.
• Deliver optimized production-ready files and work closely with creative services.
• Liaise with internal partners (e.g., photographers, video, marketing, social, copywriters, and pr) to deliver high-quality final assets.
• Research appropriate trends, technologies and methods to help ensure designs incorporate the leading practice of customer centric experience.
• Supports consistency across all customer touch points, with a unified commerce view on how customers interact with key touchpoints.
• Collaborates with the digital and visual team to create quarterly channels brand asset strategy overview references.
• Collaborates with the Social media, Digital and instore team to create a unified but channel distinctive orchestration of storytelling delight.
• Supports Photo and Video team in concept and collaboration for full funnel emotional and product narratives.
• Provides animation, and motion direction or video direction.
• Strong online portfolio showing Art Direction and Design in Fashion, Beauty, Luxury, Retail or Jewelry brand(s)
• 5+ years working in eCommerce, fashion, beauty or brand commerce. Preference for a recognized lifestyle commerce brand.
• 3+ years experience Art Direction and 5+ years of Graphic Design experience required.
• Expertise in industry standard software suites (Adobe Creative Suite).
• Design studio or agency environment preferred.
• Strong execution skills in preparing web and print-ready files.
• Must have a passion for effective visual storytelling and usability.
• Familiarity and comfortable understanding of code and production workflow.
• Some code and image optimization experience preferred.
• Experience with template designs and content management systems preferred.
• Some experience with creative development in social media and versioning. Design concepts that carry through social share points.
• Strong typography and conceptualization skills.
• Strong understanding of social media platforms and an interest in experimentation/communication formats.
• Strong practical imagination with a sensitivity to use case scenarios.
• Production knowledge and ability to create web and print-ready files.
• Detail-oriented, enthusiastic, team player.
• Demonstration of self-initiative/ motivation on projects.
• Ability to manage several projects; efficiency and organization skills are a must.
• Bachelor’s Degree in design-related field required.
• Ability to wear a face mask for entirety of on-site and off-site photoshoots and understanding of all COVID-19 safety protocols.
• Local Philadelphia and NYC overnight travel as needed, subject to increase as corporate travel resumes. (If you are a NYC candidate let's talk about options)