Our reputable, fashionable, trendy and successful retail and fashion brand is looking for an Assoc Art Director for a full time role. Design work can be done remote, but it will require being on-location and on-set in NYC.
Ideal candidate is obsessed with social media, fashion, trends, photoshoots, superb design layouts, and detail/asset management.
We are a digitally native, social media first brand with a mission to curate fashion and retail recommendations and create product worthy of your time, attention, and wallets.
What You Will Do:
This person will oversee Art Direction across all branded content (digital, social, print, web).
The Assoc Art Director will be responsible for concepting and directing engaging, elevated and on-brand photography and videography that creates fashion and style credibility for the website, in-store displays, advertisements and other projects as needed.
This individual will concept and direct all in-studio shoots, including still life, on-figure and editorial. ***This role will require graphic design work on a regular basis.***
The role requires a high level of graphic design skill and asset management experience.
Additionally, this role will work closely with the CEO to extract Brand vision and Brand strategy to Art Direction and execute creative that builds brand identity, consistency and brand awareness.
• Q & A site daily
• Review and update style guide + crop guidelines for on-figure and still photography
• Collaborate with the marketing team to leverage analytics insights and incorporate feedback into decision making to meet goals
• Develop, improve, and propose new initiatives & ideas to elevate the site & photography constantly
• Oversee graphic design of digital assets on social, web, email, and print.
• Photo shoot planning/scheduling (book models, studio, catering, production etc.)
• Creative Asset delivery (choose assets and provide overall creative direction for various marketing campaigns, email, social, digital, paid media, etc.)
• Research and work on building creative shoot teams: present relevant and on-brand models and hair & makeup stylists
• Research and work on developing photo directions: present lighting, hair and makeup directions, create boards of direction and create frameworks for capturing differentiating product details and for supporting key 'stories' provided by creative team
• Concept and present editorial ideas
• Work closely with creative team to develop style guides
• Direct creative team onset - hair, makeup, photographer, stylist & model
• Make sure lighting is the approved style guide standard and adjust if necessary
• Work closely with digital tech/team to align on standards/direction
• Edit shoot - making selects for approval
• Retouching direction - deliver retouching notes for all on-figure photography
• Color correcting for product stills
• Review and give feedback on retouching of all images
• Work closely with retouching team to align on standards/direction
• Approve final shots
• Ability to translate complex design challenges into clear, customer friendly experiences
• Discerning eye for photo editing, cropping and compositing
• Expert Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator skills, Sketch
• Advanced level of proficiency in all other Adobe CC
• Passion and understanding of ecommerce, UX, and marketing best practices
• Strong understanding of grid systems and responsive design systems
• BFA (or equivalent degree specializing in design/fine art or related)
• 3+ years of graphic design experience across digital channels
• 2+ years of on-set experience art directing stills or on-figure
• 5+ years in the fashion industry or a similar creative environment
• Must have the technical knowledge to direct lighting & retouching
• Must be able to execute color correcting and photo editing if needed
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and on a lean on team
• Collaborative, inclusive and flexible team member
• Resourceful self-starter who gets things done
• Strong retail/fashion brand or agency experience desired; ecommerce experience ideal
• Video editing a huge bonus
More about the brand:
Born from the belief that we can be whatever we want, and still be ourselves, our site features fashion forward classics and elevated everyday pieces that leave you feeling unapologetically you.
We value and mentor each member of our growing team. Our company searches for talented, goal-driven professionals who live and breathe the brand and thrive in a flexible and changing work environment and can adapt to anything. Our team of innovators have enabled us to continue to grow and expand. We encourage an entrepreneurial spirit while empowering our employees to be independent and creative in whatever they do to achieve success