Our client, a well known global agency, is looking to add a traditional Art Director to their growing team on a Fulltime basis, starting immediately. This role will be part of an extremely exciting and cutting edge initiative!
Overview of the brand:
We apply insightful, strategic, brand-building processes to the creation industry-leading, award-winning promotions, digital experiences, retail activations, CRM and loyalty programs, premiums and brand events.
Why this role?
Through work with one of the agency's biggest client, they have evolved a "top selling item" into unchartered territory for the digital space, and are now working on a new frontier and setting the standard in this industry. We will be creating hard working, attention grabbing animations that help families explore new worlds and interact with fanciful characters and licenses. We need a lead motion designer who can use animation to tell fun and engaging stories and can help guide and shape this new technology with a point of view they’re not afraid to share.
Who are you?
As an Art Director, you’ll have the opportunity to be on a team that pushes boundaries, and champions out-of-the-box thinking. Responsible for crafting program concepts that drive consumer engagement and build emotional connections, you’ll be working with an all-inclusive, extremely talented group that cares about producing effective, head-turning work almost as much as they care about other people.
We’re not just looking for an experienced Art Director, but rather for an Art Director looking to experience something completely different. Working with the biggest brands to produce the biggest ideas, we’re dreaming up and executing some of the most recognizable campaigns around. We have plenty of passion, with a new hybrid work model that allows for plenty of play.
You are excited to dive in on new projects, and enjoy ideating and coming up with big concepts just as much as cranking out stellar design work. From idea to execution — you collaborate seamlessly with cross-functional teams to drive the creation of on-brand, large promotional activations in a digital space.
Art Director Responsibilities:
- This role will work closely with strategists, designers, copywriters and motion artists on the conceptualization and execution of various client programs and brand promotions. As an integral part of a larger multi-disciplinary team, you'll design and manage many aspects of the visual creative.
- Works and collaborates with the creative team to build big ideas and designs for digital brand promotions that invoke interaction and engagement
- Support and own the creative process from original concepts to final implementation
- Interpret briefs in order to create designs that are strategically driven and compelling - not just "pretty"
- Manage and balance multiple jobs and projects daily, meets timelines and expectations, while measuring and improving efficiency
- Maintain knowledge and skills of creative applications, staying on top of new and evolving technology
- Think conceptually and strategically to discover the best way to problem-solve for design and technical challenges
- Be a constant learner, with a passion for actively keeping ahead of the curve and exploring digital tools, trends/standard methodologies, and styles, as well as advertising and design styles
Art Director Skills and Experience:
- 4+ years working as an art director (in digital, social, site, etc.)
- Proficient in Sketch, Abstract, and the Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledgeable and able to flex between art direction and digital design
- Able to quickly ideate, visualize raw ideas, and create a branded look & feel for their clients
- Understanding of mobile best-practices and user interaction in the digital space
- Have critical attention to detail while not missing the big picture
- Loves presenting and pitching to clients and internal teams, able to inspire others and sell creative vision
- Comfortable operating in full digital workflows, including but not limited to:
- Interpret wireframes into graphic UIs
- Design experience for both mobile and desktop
- Work within accessibility standards
- Prep and deliver pixel-perfect files for delivery
- Experience working in social media is a plus
- Bonus points for past work on large-scale sweepstakes and promotions
If you are interested in and qualified for this role, please forward your portfolio today!