Length of Contract: 3 months
Location or Remote: Seattle or Ohio based
Client Overview: Our client is a is an American e-commerce company headquartered in Seattle, Washington, that sells clothing, footwear, toys, and home products.
Assistant Buyer Overview: Our ideal AB is ambitious in nature, analytical, creative, comfortable working in cross-functional teams, and passionate about the retail industry.
- Manage and execute events that will delight and exceed the expectations of our customers. Devise and execute creative solutions as issues arise to ensure successful event.
- Establish and maintain vendor relationships. Educate vendors on practices and business model. Answer all vendor contacts in a timely manner and proactively resolve any issues that arise. Partner with vendor to obtain all information necessary to launch event
- Identify products and vendors for site in assigned category. Under direction of the Buyer, develop, evaluate and negotiate terms (price, quantity, delivery/ payment terms) for new and existing products to maximize demand and margin. Identify and implement opportunities to increase demand and margin.
- Price products to optimize demand through evaluation of product cost, sell through and margin and other factors.
- Curate events by selecting product assortment and determining best presentation. Utilize data regarding past product and event performance to inform decisions regarding assortment.
- Audit event before going live to ensure accurate and compliant product selection.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to ensure successful post event process including holding vendor accountable for shipment timing and partnering with AP on timing payment.
- Use discretion and exercise independent judgment to drive the business.
- Plan events and drive vendor demand to achieve financial goal.
- Responsible for reviewing and auditing events to ensure product compliance with Copyright and Trademark laws.
- Develop and manage timelines to ensure event success. Work with vendors and internal stakeholders (creative, AP, Vendor ops) on timelines and hold buying team accountable for following them. Proactively reassess timelines to accommodate last minute changes to ensure successful event, positive vendor experience and maintain positive relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Analyze item, category and event sales to follow trends and react accordingly based on performance. Incorporate assessment of customer feedback to ensure quality standards to drive best experience for our members.
- Responsible for daily functions to ensure event success. Ensure Data Entry Specialists have completed all tasks necessary for event launch (comp shop, size charts, upload & match, pre audit).
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of work and experience preferred
- 1 – 3 years of buying experience preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of merchandising and retail math
- Experience in analyzing reports and drawing conclusions/recommendations • Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel
- Ability to differentiate between colors.