24 Seven is partnering with one of the world's largest, most recognizable sporting goods brands in search for an Assistant Category Manager. This person must be local to Portland, OR.
Purpose: Assist the category management team in planning and organizing the go-to-market cycle to optimize profit and meet marketing, financial and corporate growth objectives.
- Assist category management team to differentiate seasonal key account range plans (including visual merchandising)
- Assist category management team to co-ordinate the range release process, including:
- Managing the merchandise board production process
- May assist with the management of internal company systems, including range planning, DST, RAD, and RMA as needed
- May assist with the management of disseminating updated information to internal adidas stakeholders, including Product Marketing, CTC, Sales, Communications, and others.
- Follow up with communication with Sales Team / Account Planning Managers
- Perform consumer market / trend research
- Assist category manager with identifying products to maximize profitability/productivity
- Present ranges internally and externally when needed
- Field general requests of the merchandising department
- Influence and manage seasonal forecasting in lockstep with Demand Planning
- Assist with sample co-ordination, event management assistance and general office duties
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite and working with systems/applications
- Ability to research and present depth business research
- Ability to present in front of large and small groups
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking, deadline-oriented environment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Category specific understanding preferred
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university in Marketing/Business or related field preferred
- One (1) year sports or other product marketing related experience
- Combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for degree