We are currently searching for a full time freelance to perm Assistant Designer to join the Design team.
Assist design in coordinating all aspects of design department from concept to production including but not limited to: corresponding w/factories, correcting product fit, entering PO’s, researching trends and sketching ability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist in the translation of trends, researching magazines, websites, and various trend services as well as shopping stores.
• Assist in color research, creating and maintaining color cards.
• Assist design in creating a line for all markets.
• Assist in data entry + style creation in PDM.
• Work directly with multiple dye houses for wash/dye development.
• Develop garment spec & construction based on images, samples, or sketches.
• Help create tech packs for new development and make updates.
• Attend fittings and take notes.
• Create flat sketches on Illustrator.
• Assist in sourcing and development: -Fabric -Trim -New washes and tie dyes -Testing fabric, trim, and garment shrinkage and dye.
• Archive/Maintain: - Purchased prints -Purchased competitor samples -Wash/dye development
• Arrange appointments with vendors
• Coordinate with Tech Design to ensure proper procedures & steps are taken to facilitate production of all styles
• Coordinate samples/line sheets for various projects including but not limited to: line presentations, merchandiser meetings, various creative meetings
• Bachelors degree in Apparel Merchandising or Design
• Extensive knowledge of Microsoft office- Excel, Outlook, Word, and Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
• Must work well under pressure, meet multiple and sometimes competing deadlines
• Creative, highly motivated and team player.
• Extremely detail-oriented, fast learner, and organized.