Our client, an innovative fashion brand, is looking for an Assistant Merchandiser to join their Los Angeles team. As the Assistant Merchandiser for men’s, you will be supporting the Senior Merchandising Manager in the daily activities leading to the definition of Product Strategy and Range Plan for Denim and Apparel, contributing to preparing and managing Collection development and presentation documents, and supporting in product performance analysis and market trends research.
You will also be supporting the Senior Merchandising Manager to ensure all key deadlines are met, key documents are created and distributed, help maintain the merchandising calendar. Strong communication, attention to detail, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment is required.
- Create and maintain seasonal excel and visual linesheets – distribute weekly updates when needed and partner with the planning team to keep change log regularly and accurately updated.
- Assist Sr. Merchandising Manager with the execution of all exclusive/chase requests – own all chase-related documents and partner with PD and production to communicate the best delivery. Includes Nordstrom Anniversary.
- Assist Sr. Merchandising Manager with the creation of additional seasonal selling reports as needed for select milestone meetings.
- Manages seasonal style approval process in system (full circle experience a plus).
- Works closely with dupes team to ensure timeliness of sample needs for all key accounts as well as photoshoots and milestone meetings. Maintains organized sample rack and keeps track of sample location.
- Maintain a keen understanding of market trends and overall competitor landscape to aid with pricing analysis.
- BA or BS preferred.
- 3+ years of related professional experience in Merchandising or Buying.
- Strong knowledge in Excel & PowerPoint - high proficiency in Excel including VLOOKUP, pivot tables, and overall data analysis.
- Strong analytical, communication, and problem-solving skills with the ability to partner and raise concerns/find thoughtful solutions.
- Detailed oriented with high level of accuracy when it comes to data entry.
- Capable of multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment with commitment to follow-through on all tasks/projects and deadlines.
- Passionate about product – previous experience in denim is a plus.
- Full Circle experience is a plus.