Job descriptionOur client, a well-known clothing boutique/brand is looking to add an Assistant Buyer, with background in a retail environment, to their growing team on a Fulltime basis, starting immediately. Candidate must be local to Chicagoland area and be willing to come to office 5 days a week (potential flexibility).
- Coordinate with Buyers, Planners, Accounting, Quality control, Receiving departments, and vendors to ensure production requirements are followed
- Communicate with vendors any revisions or changes to garments expressed by the Buyers
- Assists with the preparation process for the negotiation of product pricing with vendors and management
- Communicate any changes to existing orders to the Purchase Order department
- Work to consistently obtain Pre-Production and Top of Production samples on time
- Responsible for trying on production samples throughout the day as needed.
- Maintain a library of best-selling styles
- Manage the data and files for production matters
- Organize selling, pull reports for Buyers and ensure that all Purchase Order deliveries are made to the appropriate department
- Begin to effectively utilize the merchandising systems and understand warehouse process
- Develop and demonstrate basic product knowledge through sharing information with Buyer as a result of competitive shopping.
- 2 years of assistant buying experience
- Ability to flourish in a very fast paced environment. Assistant needs to be extremely organized to keep track of orders, deliveries and production
- Intermeditae Excel (pivot table)
- Team oriented
- Self motivated
- Has basic computer skills
- Up-beat personality
- Preferred - data entry skills