Length of Contract: 5 weeks with potential to extend or go FT.
Location or Remote: Bellevue, WA
Client Overview: Our client is a public relations and communications firm headquartered in Bellevue, WA.
Position Overview: The ACD sparks and directs fresh and sustained creative innovation across a wide range of creative projects, and is accountable for their successful execution while balancing the bounds of an array of briefs and budgets. This creative dynamo balances their contribution across a wide spectrum of creative and business objectives: conducting research and shaping execution strategies, guiding project assignments, developing winning concepts, directing projects toward flawless execution, ensuring project teams work inventively to deliver consistently standout creative assets, and building teams’ skills and business effectiveness continually over time. They’re adept at managing client relationships at a strategic creative level, leading client presentations and making influential cases to safeguard the most powerful creative and story concepts and bring them to life. They apply the same dedication to pitching and selling in the work as they do to protecting and enhancing it.
- Smoothly shifts priorities to profitably manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and of varying sizes—from ad hoc small-budget quick turns to multimillion-dollar extended creative campaigns.
- Shapes and drives creative concepting, ideation and execution across Copy, Design and Technology aspects of a range of creative programs and ad hoc projects.
- Manages client-facing relationships in terms of presenting, selling in and protecting creative concepts and ideas, and guiding team talent in supporting these efforts.
- Brings clarity to projects and teams in situations of ambiguity, demonstrating judgment and tact when making necessary creative compromises, and helps the team understand the reasoning.
- Contributes at craft level to programs and projects where needed, while also conducting other creative guidance and oversight tasks. Applies what’s learned to elevate the team’s future copywriting for the brand.
- Guides talent and is accountable for overall creative quality and consistency of deliverables from brief to final build. Sees around corners to avoid risks to quality and schedules, and devises and flags to appropriate leads potential solutions to project challenges.
- Manages direct reports, shepherds creatives’ professional growth, and assigns projects to best talent to continually boost creative excellence.
- Regularly uncovers and highlights for the team new creative trends, technologies and styles — across Design, Copy and Tech. Is voraciously curious about not just creative innovations but also marketing and communications principles, cultural issues, and opportunities in digital communication.
- Participates in and co-leads new-business pitches. Partners with creative directors, business leaders, and colleagues from across the company ideate and execute on initiatives beyond traditional Creative work.
- Consistently models agency values of imagination, integrity, collaboration, excellence and humanity, and promotes principles of purpose, inclusivity and diversity of thought to contribute to the agency’s caliber and culture of equity.
- Participates in leadership activities within the agency.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or in Fine Arts, English, Journalism, Marketing, Communications or applicable field
- 10+ years of creative team management experience
- 2+ years of agency experience
- Expertise in print, motion, digital and experiential mediums, as well as copywriting and editorial skills, and deftness identifying and enforcing the visual and copy style, tone, and voice appropriate to any given project
- Extensive client management and presentation experience
- Strong portfolio of examples of work including large multichannel campaigns that reached large audiences
- Proven success managing teams and multiple accounts, in addition to orchestrating and advising on the rhythms and tools of digital marketing creative environment and/or digital newsroom—spanning Copy, Design and Technology
- Outstanding organizational, communication and interpersonal (written and oral) skills and experience helping hone the skills of others
- Self- motivated and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities and tight deadlines to manage creative capacity without sacrificing quality or missing deadlines
- Adept at infusing creativity and ingenuity into collaborations across a range of working styles
- A solid understanding of the technology industry and drive to stay fresh on outlooks and trends in tech’s intersection with healthcare, social-good and consumer companies
- Must be able to work more than 40 hours per week on occasion
- Experience working globally or with colleagues in multiple locations; ability to travel up to 30%
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (particularly Outlook, Word, SharePoint, PowerPoint and Excel), Mac OS, Adobe (Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, InDesign), WordPress and/or other CMSs, as well as Project tracking and project management tools such as Teams, Wrike, etc.