Temp position - may lead to full time position for the right person!
The Associate Designer is a mid level technical position who will be a part of a progressive brand of lounge/active/swimwear within a highly reputable women's contemporary company. The Associate Designer will assist the Design team with the execution of garments. They will also collaborate with cross - functional teams such as graphic artist, sewing and patternmaking to ensure completion of line. This position will based out of our HQ offices in Los Angeles.
- UNDERSTAND AND WORK WITH DESIGN TEAM FROM A TECHNICAL PERSPECTIVE
- MAINTAIN LIBRARY OF FABRICS, TRIMS, AND MATERIAL DETAILS
- BUILD BILL OF MATERIALS FOR TECH PACKS IN PLM PROGRAMS (DESIGN RELATED)
- COMMUNICATE AND FOLLOW-UP INITIATIVE WITH OVERSEAS VENDORS
- MUST HAVE SOME GRAPHIC DESIGN KNOWLEDGE- WORKING WITH PRINT PLACEMENTS AND REPEAT
- ABILITY TO WORK WELL INDEPENDENTLY AS WELL AS PART OF A TEAM
- MUST WORK WITH EXCEL/WORD PROGRAMS
- GOOD ORGANIZATIONAL, TIME MANAGEMENT, PROBLEM SOLVING SKILLS
- MUST HAVE THE ABILITY TO TAKE DIRECTION WELL
- Other duties as assigned.
- 4-5 years experience working with a fashion company with similiar duties listed above.
- Must have experience and be proficient in both Photoshop and Illustrator on Mac
- Must have at least 2 years of PLM program experience
- CAD Flat sketching is a must.
- Minimum AA Degree in Product Development, Fashion Design or related field
- Must have experience with MS office suite (Excel, Outlook) and PLM program.
- Have some knowlege of fabrics.
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Be a self motivator and eager to learn.
- Activewear and Swimwear experience is a plus