The Associate Designer is a mid level technical position who will be a part of a progressive brand of lounge/active/swimwear within a highly reputable women's contemporary company. The Associate Designer will assist the Design team with the execution of garments.
They will also collaborate with cross - functional teams such as graphic artist, sewing and patternmaking to ensure completion of line. This position will based out of our HQ offices in Los Angeles.
- Understand and work with design team from a technical perspective
- Maintain library of fabrics, trims, and material details
- Build bill of materials for tech packs in PLM programs (design related)
- Communicate and follow-up initiative with overseas vendors
- Must have some graphic design knowledge- working with print placements and repeat
- Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team
- Must work with Excel/Word programs
- Good organizational, time management, problem solving skills
- Must have the ability to take direction well
- Other duties as assigned.
- 4-5 years experience working with a fashion company with similar duties listed above.
- Must have experience and be proficient in both Photoshop and Illustrator on Mac
- Must have at least 2 years of PLM program experience
- CAD Flat sketching is a must.
- Minimum AA Degree in Product Development, Fashion Design or related field
- Must have experience with MS office suite (Excel, Outlook) and PLM program.
- Have some knowledge of fabrics.
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Be a self motivator and eager to learn.
- Activewear and Swimwear experience is a plus.