Under the supervision of the Design Director, create and develop designs that capture MISA brand DNA, reflect prior MISA collections, and incorporate relevant market and consumers trends. In addition, support design and development process by; creating and maintaining concept/presentation boards, creating all design tech packs, managing print & fabrication process, and partnering with the Development/Pre-Production team to ensure all calendar deadlines are met. Consistently build and manage collaborative relationships with Sales, E-Commerce, Pre-production, Production teams and vendors/contractors. Position is based in LA and requires on-site presence.
Research & Concepting
• Cultivate a strong understanding of the MISA brand and assist in designing collections that reflect the MISA DNA, with the goal of continuously elevating the MISA brand.
• Assist in researching market & consumer trends and styles to generate inspiration and ensure comprehensive product and competitor knowledge.
• Translate market trends that support MISA brand strategy with the goal of contributing to the development of a cohesive and innovative collection.
Design & Development
• Support Design Director on all aspects of the design process, including but not limited to:
o Developing sketches based on direction
o Creating and maintain physical and digital presentation boards
o Creating physical and digital concept boards
o Meeting preparation
o Assisting in the management of the pre-production workflow
o Continually updating the design board and communicating all changes to the Pre-Production/Development team
o Organizing the design room and boards for presentation
o Creating design tech packs
• Manage all aspects of print & fabrication process, including but not limited to:
o Making appointments with key vendors & pre-selecting qualities that are aligned with seasonal vision and cost-conscious.
o Meeting with print houses, along with Design Director and owners
o Making color edits and managing the communication process
o Managing CAD and strike-off approval with vendors
• Partner with Development team on sourcing and pre-prod development process.
Management of Processes
• Ensure schedule is met for proper delivery of collections.
• Assist in the management of workflows between pre-production, production, sales and outside vendors.
• Ensure accuracy of product development logs, line sheets, boards and development samples library.
• Supervise fittings from first prototypes to samples, ensuring design aesthetic and overall garment quality are met and updating sketches per comments, as well as creating and maintaining a record of all design revisions and approvals.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
• Formal design education and 3 – 5 years of design experience with established brands; knowledgeable in all aspects of soft clothing design.
• Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Microsoft Suite, i.e. (Word, Excel, PPT, etc.)
• Must have strong design aesthetic, color sense, and conceptual skills.
• Ability to create flat sketches by hand.
• Must be able to adapt well to fast paced, rapidly changing work environment.
• Must be a team player, open to taking direction and work well under pressure.
• Exceptional communications skills, both verbal and written.
• High attention to detail and ability to follow branding guidelines.
• Ability to manage multiple, competing deadlines.
• Dynamic, positive, professional, highly motivated, responsible, and self-directed.
• Willingness to accept and implement critical feedback.
• Professional and positive attitude.