Our global footwear and apparel client is hiring Associate Designer on a 12 month contract that is likely to extend and could lead to fulltime opportunities. This role is remote for now but may go onsite once it's safe. This position is eligible for benefits and sick time.
- Collect, organize, prepare, and assemble designer sketches and artwork (graphics, all over prints, logos, photographs) for use in documents and presentations.
- Scan and colorblock design sketches.
- Scan, edit, and crop photo art. Assist designers in creating additional colorways of garments.
- Maintain correct sketches for use in line art database.
- Page Layout - Create documents to support the commercialization of apparel: visual line plan, category concept sheets, silhouette line art pages, flow plans, and merchandising pages.
- Combine illustrations, text, product data, photos, and graphics as needed.
- Work with category team to define and produce product image collections in both printed and electronic formats.
- Meet deadlines for creation and distribution of documents to matrix partners.
- Understand and follow Nike global standards for document structure and layout.
- Assembly - Perform paste-up and trimming on large format documents for business meetings.
- Duplicate and distribute documents to category and regional partners for use in the apparel commercialization process.
- Project Management - communicate with product line managers, designers, graphic designers, developers, and others about the status of product and product images.
- Review product status, project status, and production deadlines with category and geography business partners.
- Minimum of 2 years experience with graphic design, illustration, and page layout software in a team or production environment.
- Excellent organizational and people skills.
- Working knowledge of at least 4 of the following applications: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and/or PageMaker; Quark Xpress; and/or Macromedia Freehand.