Job descriptionOur client, a well-known global agency, is looking to add a fulltime Associate Director of Engagement Strategy to their growing team! This role can be remote depending on state and can start immediately.
This role will lead our partnership strategy and engagement efforts across high growth new clients. As an Associate Director of Engagement Strategy, you will set the strategic direction for how we bring to life marketing integrations, partnerships, sponsorships, and customer value propositions.
Working closely with the clients, internal partnership, creative, and account teams, you will act as the lead consultant inside the agency for all things partnership and engagement strategy. You will also manage a mid to senior-level strategist supporting the engagement business, and work with the SVP and Director of Experience Strategy to create a mentor/coach-like culture across the entire team.
As an Associate Director of Engagement Strategy, you possess a strong understanding of digital marketing, partnership marketing, social media, and culture (entertainment, gaming, music, sports, etc.). You are well-versed in finding customer insights that launch successful creative campaigns between two or more brands, and are passionate about connecting brands and consumers. You consistently generate insights with depth and human truths at their core, and you thrive off connecting the dots between brand goals and consumer actions.
With a deep understanding of consumer promotions and loyalty, you love finding strategic, influential, and innovative ways to engage with consumers, and crafting remarkable creative briefs and synthesizing research is your jam.
The Associate Director of Engagement Strategy Will:
- This role will work in sync with the SVP, Strategy & Experience to develop the Engagement Strategy side of the business, with support from junior to senior-level strategists, including partnerships, marketing integrations, and creative strategy.
- Lead strategy for a new marquee client, with an exciting opportunity to dive deep into entertainment, gaming, sports, and music.
- Be a go-to resource for the entire agency for all things partnership and integration strategies, as well as insights into customer culture.
- Analyze all aspects of campaign performance and user behavior to optimize current and future efforts, define segmentation, targets, and opportunities.
- Partner with research and analytics resources to mine customer insights that will build even stronger creative partnerships and executions.
- Work closely with Account and Creative to generate concepts and architect solutions to address client business challenges through engaging customer experiences, partnerships, and sponsorships.
- Cultivate and grow client business by establishing relationships with key counterparts, delivering thought leadership and positioning the agency as an expert and leader in our respective spaces and beyond
- 7+ years of experience in an engagement strategy role (partnerships, marketing integrations, customer creative promotions).
- Expert communication and presentation skills; dynamically (persuasively) presenting ideas to clients and prospective clients from VP to C-level.
- Experience driving the strategy and designing the experience for mobile campaigns and products.
- Understanding of digital advertising and social channels, strategies and approaches
- Experience leading research efforts for pitches and quick-turn asks
- Dynamic and abstract problem-solving skills with an analytical and disciplined approach
- Innovative with a "change agent" attitude; constantly pushing us and our clients to new opportunities, approaches, ideas, perspectives, etc.
- Excellent client relationship building experience, with demonstrated success in helping grow business.
- Strong strategic thinking, critical thinking and analytic skills.
- Experience with loyalty/rewards or contests, games, and sweepstakes a big plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills as team leader and team-player
- Experience managing other strategists or a strong wiliness to learn how to coach and lead vs assign tasks down the chain