Our agency client, focused around creative consumer marketing, is looking to bring on an Associate Director, Social Media (with expertise in Paid media), starting immediately. While client prefers candidates be local to Cincinnati, Chicago, or Atlanta, we are open to remote candidates as well!
The Associate Director of Social Media (paid) should have 7+ year background in social media including strategy development, planning, buying, technical implementation, optimizations and campaign stewardship. They have strong paid experience across all major social platforms including; Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, Twitter and LinkedIn. They have deep experience in creating highly technical campaigns covering upper funnel with reach and awareness to lower funnel with pixels and conversion. They are curious and stay up to date on platform update, beta tests, and upcoming new platform releases.
The Social Media Associate Director is a proven leader, capable of creating and articulating a vision and rallying internal and external partners around it. They have a perspective on where the industry is going, informed by years of experience within it. They lead by example and always do the right thing when interacting with employees, clients, and media partners.
Associate Director of Social Media (paid) Responsibilities:
- Plays highly billable role
- Maintains regular contact with key client leaders
- serves as the “social quarterback” across social efforts within the agency and across multiple client internal teams and external agency partners. Able to speak to all aspects of social from Partnerships, Placements, Ad Units, Testing Road Maps, Pixels, Measurement, etc. with support of other subject matter experts.
- Travel between 10-20% based on client assignments
- Coaches, mentors, builds and improves a team of Social Media subject matter experts
- Holds a leadership role in the hiring process, employee evaluations/reviews, and training
- Must actively provide direct feedback (positive and negative) to team members to improve the quality of work they provide their clients and client teams
- Regularly consults with internal client teams to improve their knowledge and confidence in the Social Media space
- Is active in new business efforts for the agency, both in supporting and lead presentation roles related to new business outreach, response to RFPs, and presentations
- Actively participates in agency platforms, including creating case studies, authoring POVs, and writing thought leadership pieces for the website
Associate Director of Social Media (paid) Requirements:
- 7+ years social media strategy/planning/buying experience
- 2+ years managing team members
- Exceptional experience with all social platforms and deep experience with Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Snapchat, etc.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Robust measurement, reporting and insight development background
- Equal willingness to learn and to teach
- Innate curiosity and passion for technology
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience developing an organic social strategy
- Experience working within an agency setting managing multiple clients
- Experience integrating with other expertise areas, specifically digital, creative, and influencer
- Current or past experience in creating and overseeing the successful implementation of tracking pixels
- Retail or CPG experience
If you are interested in and qualified for this position, please forward your resume today!