Associate Designer, Handbags
Our client designs, sources, markets and sells fashion-forward handbag and accessories for women.
Associate Designer Overview:
The Associate Designer position designs handbag collections that are in accordance with brand profile, heritage and marketable.
Associate Designer Responsibilities:
• Support Senior designer and Design Director in Building of multiple product lines
• Work closely with print, production, merchandising and sales to ensure information flow is accurate and timely throughout the development process.
• CAD implementation of prints and graphic patterns in handbags through Photoshop and Illustrator .
• Work with placed prints on patterns
• Maintain thorough knowledge of the line; responsible for tracking changes and additions
• Communication of line information to all cross functional partners
• Participate in concept reviews and line building recaps
• Understand and support the interpretation of trends and market needs
• Upkeep of classification flow charts in Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop
• Create technical specification packages for each category of design that include: Sketch in illustrator 3/4 and alternate views of the handbags
• Give detailed construction and or production instructions and accurate measurements for each view.
• Create seasonal and off season cads of collections and collaborations.
• Provide comments on samples received from factory
• Partner with all of the creative team to refine seasonal concepts, materials, hardware and color palette for all collections
• Responsible for timeline adherence, ensure all style tech packs are completed accurately and delivered to overseas sourcing on time
• Ensure that all prototypes are available for product presentation and approvals • Strong understanding of bag production process
• Other duties as assigned.
Associate Designer Qualifications:
Requires a Bachelor's degree in design or related and 3-5 years of design experience
Required Professional Experience and Competencies
Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator & In-Design
Excellent sense of Contemporary Design, sense of color and layout
Drawing skills required
Must be detail-oriented
Experience in trend research
Factory/product development experience a plus.
Ability to work in office AS NEEDED