The Assistant/Associate Designer supports the Head of Men’s Design in the seasonal design development process, from concept to delivery, ensuring the timely execution of each stage in the process.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Strategy & Innovation
- Work with the Head of Men’s Design on preliminary design research, including organizing fabrics, assembling presentation boards for meetings and preparing Illustrator flat sketches.
- Ensure timely execution of the product development calendar.
- Create Seasonal Ai Color Palette, Illustrator sketches; prepare specification sheets/tech packs and line sheets and update as necessary.
- Clo 3-D training; understanding and executing tech packs.
- Update Block Library, Ai brushes and symbols library.
- Manage seasonal BOM/WIP spreadsheet, line sheets, boards, design archives library and ensure maintenance of designs in shared drive and PLM systems.
- Research and coordinate raw materials and trims. Prepare seasonal fabric/trim overviews and maintain fabric/trim library.
- Review lab dips, prints and graphic placements with Design Director/Senior Designer, revise where appropriate and communicate comments to vendors.
- Attend and assist in fittings. Prepare design/fit comments and assist with updating sketches in linesheets, tech packs and wherever applicable.
- Manage shipping: Create labels/custom documents, daily tracking of shipments, unpack/pack, track buying/returning of reference samples, allocate fabric/trims to vendors.
- Manage e-commerce product name and descriptions for each sku/style.
- Creation and/or execution of graphic design for apparel Customers & Relationships
- Follow-up with internal and external customers and partners, including technical design and production; facilitate interoffice communication
- uild collaborative relationships with vendors and internal customers Leadership & Teams
- Contribute positively to team dynamic
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Superior organizational skills and excellent communication skills; team oriented
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines; highly detail oriented, structured and meticulous
- Knowledge of garment construction, pattern making, silhouettes, color ways, sewing techniques, fabrication and trim
- Knowledge of graphic techniques, creation and execution
- Bachelor's Degree in Fashion Design
- 1-3 years experience in apparel design
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe products (especially Illustrator) and Mac computers Personal
- High personal drive, proactive and an action-oriented approach
- Ability to take ownership of your projects
- Creative, independent and innovative mindset.
- Quality awareness and an eye for detail.
- Able to work under high pressure, prioritizing and adhere to deadlines.
- Respectful attitude with a good ability to building relation