Associate Mens Designer, Cut and Sew
Our client is a leading women’s and men’s manufacturer in the apparel industry, creating unique and innovative branded and private label product while also offering a compelling brand experience for its customer through exceptional results.
The Associate Designer will work on all aspects of the product lifecycle from concept to final development with direction from the Design Director whom this role reports into.
- Daily email communication with overseas fabric mills, factories and offices
- Responsible for lab-dip review, communication & organization
- Input Design Detail sketches, material information into Gerber Yunique PLM system
- Help maintain (organize) design area.
- Keep clear records of all design development: color, prints, trims, reference tears, etc.
- Organize all proto samples in current season
- Assist with showroom set up and presentations
- Market awareness in the golf market as well as general fashion market, shop stores in NYC
- Proficiency in: Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Gerber Yunique PLM, Windows (Outlook / Word / Excel).
- Passion for creating for elevated, sportswear & activewear within price targets.
- Excellent design and sketching skills.
- Strong fashion and creative ability. Keen trend and competitor awareness.
- Strong organizational skills & ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work well with multiple team members and cross functional areas.
- Positive Team player attitude.
- Sense of urgency and accountability, driven by a strong work ethic.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- 3-5 years experience working in a design or product dev team with cross-functional communication required
- Understanding of fabric & trim materials required