What You'll Do:
- Create and execute seasonal buys that align with company marketing, product initiatives and online campaigns.
- Utilize seasonal hindsight analysis to partner with buyer on the depth of the category product assortment and buy quantity.
- Maintain a rolling 12 month forecast on core and carryover products, communicating inventory needs/adjustments to the Supply Chain Team monthly.
- Ensure buys are financially tied to the budget for sales, margin, inventory, and receipt plans.
- Manage and maintain the OTB for area(s) of responsibility analyzing sales, margin & inventory.
- Communicate seasonal buys along with category business decisions to the Ecommerce Team and cross functional business partners.
- Maintain weekly sales product category reports, sharing with cross-functional business partners detailed sales analysis information highlighting new product launches and/or sales promotions.
- Create and execute promotional sales recaps upon completion of the event, distributing sales results to Ecommerce Teams – Buying, Planning and Merchandising.
- Review inventory needs weekly and issue inventory transfers to ensure in stock position for seasonal, carryover and core styles.
- Build stock levels to prepare for promotions and seasonal activity.
- Track receipts to the US and Canada distribution centers.
- Communicating delivery updates to cross functional business partners.
- Recommend markdown pricing to drive sell thru for in season and out of season sales and promotions on the Ecommerce US and Canada sites while maintaining margin goals.
- Create templates for cross functional use to share within Ecommerce as well as with key stakeholders in Wholesale, Supply Chain and Product teams on a monthly, quarterly and end of season basis.
- Templates to highlight key business indicators by category - sales (reg. price & markdown), inventory levels, missed sales demand with a focus on specific MIDs where necessary.
- Attend seasonal final line reviews, prepared to speak to business needs.
- Present financial seasonal buy to the Ecommerce Team prior to submitting to Supply Chain.
- Manage multiple assignments as needed.
- Maintain a global view of the business.
- Build and develop relationships with cross-functional business partners to achieve financial results for area(s) of responsibility and impact to the total company.
What You Bring:
- 2-4 years of experience in merchandise planning for a multi-channel retail environment (direct-to-consumer experience preferred)
- Advanced knowledge of retail math and full understanding of merchandise planning
- Advanced skills in Excel, Planning/Enterprise Planning systems a plus
- Ability to apply planning logic to maximize opportunity
- Possess strong business acumen and understanding of impact of decisions as they relate to the growth of TOMS overall business strategies
- A self-starter, adept at working in a changing environment
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills with a strong attention to detail; prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities, timelines and demands Strong communication skills - written and verbal, and ability to work with cross-functional teams