Job descriptionMerchandiser Planner
Our client is a luxury lifestyle brand seeking an Associate Merchandise Planner to join their team.
Our client is looking for an exceptional Associate Planner to join team to support the expansion of the Brand into the US Market. This position will report directly to the the Buying and Allocation Manager to develop and execute top-line strategies to increase market share by aligning US customer needs with product and assortment offerings in both DTC channels of Retail and Ecommerce.
Associate Merchandise Planer Roles and Responsibilities:
·Partner and support the Buying and Allocation function with pre-season analysis for seasonal buys including category and location targets and product analysis including lifecycle plans for velocity and depth targets, store capacity guidelines, and sizing
· Communicate the state of the business in weekly reporting and meetings recommending strategic actions to maximize sales and margin, optimize inventory and turn, and identifying and any risk or liabilities
· Assist in the management of our Replenishment Essentials business, including actualization and reforecast of demand plans, execution of seasonal builds and safety stock parameters and communication with global partners in Supply and Chain and Planning
· Actively participate in collaboration and communication with key cross-functional partners and stakeholders from Store and Online teams, Marketing, and Operations to align on relevant strategies and deliverables including, but not limited to, New Store Opening updates and Marketing and Promotional Calendars
· Recommend and guide execution of inventory liquidation strategies including seasonal markdowns and transfers between business channels to support optimal utilization of all full price and off price channels maximizing sell-through, revenue and margin
· Assist Buying and Allocation Manger with weekly and ad-hoc tasks such as special order requests from stores and PR
Associate Merchandise Planner Key Qualifications:
- 4+ years of related work experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field of study or equivalent years of related work experience required
- Multi-channel experience in inventory control and allocation, merchandising, demand forecasting, financial planning and analysis Exceptional analytical skills, with strong problem-solving abilities and creative resolution skills Advanced Proficiency of Microsoft Excel Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal communication and presentation skills, with the ability to interface effectively with individuals at various levels Ability to effectively prioritize workload in a fast paced, frequently changing environment while remaining detailed and organized
- Effective time management skills Responds positively to change, embracing and using new practices or values to accomplish goals and solve problems