Looking for a Full-Time Benefits & Payroll Manager!
*This role is direct hire, onsite with some flex for remote work.
• Process weekly payroll for hourly, salaried, and temporary employees; including reviewing and importing hours from time and attendance system, entering tax and direct deposit information, administering regulatory requirements, e.g., garnishments, tax levies, and support orders, and other adjustments to pay as necessary.
• Implement and maintain payroll best practices to improve efficiency and consult with human
resources team to improve payroll and HRIS processes.
• Evaluate and implement payroll/HRIS systems upgrades and changes.
• Prepare quarterly tax credit reports and submit to third party vendor.
• Respond to all unemployment claims in a timely manner.
• Maintain employee records in payroll/HRIS systems.
• Administer the time and attendance policy and paid leave policy for all employees.
• Produces scheduled and ad-hoc reports pertaining to payroll and human resources requirements.
• Assist employees in a timely manner with responding to questions or issues with payroll and time & attendance.
• Enter and verify all incentives, bonuses, premiums, and other earnings as necessary.
• Maintain a Retro payment rate at 97.5%
• Administer all employee benefit programs including enrollments and terminations.
• Coordinates and conducts the new employee on boarding process and presents benefits presentations to ensure employees gain an understanding of benefit plans and enrollment provisions.
• Fulfills all governmental regulatory mandates and ensures filings are performed as required.
• Plans and administers annual open enrollment period. This includes preparation (or revision) and distribution of materials, conducting meetings to communicate changes to employees, arranging for on-site representation by providers, and processing changes within deadlines.
• Plans, conducts and reports results of audits to ensure all enrollments are accurate and that dependent information is correct for each employee and works closely with Accounting for quarterly and year end audits (payroll, Workers Comp, 401k, etc.).
• Addresses benefit inquiries to ensure timely and accurate resolutions. Maintains contact with employees and beneficiaries to facilitate proper and complete utilization of benefits for all employees.
• Processes monthly billings from providers. Reviews billings for accuracy and approves for payment in a timely manner. Resolves discrepancies with carriers and payroll.
• Coordinate with third party administrator to manage disability claims according to the plan.
• Administers online COBRA enrollments/changes and responds to and manages unemployment claims and workers compensation cases.
• Maintain and manage the garnishment and child support processes. Meet with employees as necessary.
• Works closely with the insurance broker and staff to maintain 98% enrollment accuracy.
• Performs benefit audits to ensure accurate enrollment.
• Stays current on payroll systems to achieve alignment with HR benefits and other related areas and to ensure effective accounting support.
• Maintains complete electronic employee personnel files, records and other documentation for employees, including processing new employees, forms for employment status changes and maintaining timely and accurate files. Coordinates pre-employment status changes and maintaining timely and accurate files. Coordinated pre-employment paperwork and processes.
• Prepares statistical summaries and reports from the HRIS involving payroll information,
performance management, demographic data and other employee data, requiring knowledge of the various Human Resources disciplines. Assists to maintain data integrity in systems by running queries and analyzing data and reviewing source documents for accuracy and completion of data input.
• Generates files/reports such as the EEO1/Vets 100, annual non-discrimination testing for benefits plans, annual reports, as well as other special and ad hoc reports as requested.
• Recommends business process improvements having an HRIS component.
• Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES
• At least 5+ years of experience administering payroll, HRIS and benefits processes required. Work experience should include knowledge of basic human resources, payroll practices, benefits administration, and compliance or other related experience.
• Must have strong knowledge of a variety of computer software applications including payroll, benefits, time & attendance and HRIS and self-service systems. Experience with ADP Work Force Now a plus.
• Must have a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
• Strong understanding of Human Resources processes and terminology, payroll and benefit processes and procedures, including eligibility and enrollment rules and benefit procedures.
• Demonstrates exceptional analytical skills and ability to create useful and actionable reports from data.
• Possess strong written and verbal communications skills.
• Possess strong organization skills and ability to complete multiple tasks and high volume of work on deadline.
• Strong attention to detail and ability to edit and proofread.
• Possess a creative outlook with a problem-solving attitude.
• Excellent time management, organizational, and follow-through skills.
• Has shown ability to respond quickly and accurately to requests for data, ability to provide excellent customer service a must.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, and PowerPoint. Excel skills required.
• Understanding of PTO accruals and quarterly tax regulations.
• Accurate and detail oriented.
• Strong math, logic and analysis skills.
• Must be able to work as a team player. Will serve as a member of relevant teams as assigned.