The Marketing Manager supports the marketing department in the objective of driving profitable sales, and to that end: executing the marketing strategy and calendar in conjunction with agency partners and cross-functionally. This position will support restaurants and franchise partners to ensure increased brand awareness, engagement and sales.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for menu and collateral point-of-purchase production for both corporate and franchise restaurants. Includes placement strategy, timeline management, printer approvals and budget for all POP and menu materials.
Collaborates with promotional partners to strategically promote the brand in consumer activations, sponsorship activities, and sweepstakes.
Responsible for oversight of social media strategy, content development, channel growth and community management.
Responsible for brand and corporate PR, including managing the relationship with external PR agency
Liaison for corporate communications, including company initiatives, executive news, and crisis management.
Responsible for coordination of media trafficking (television, radio, digital, etc.) for both corporate and franchise restaurants.
Assist, as needed, with store-level marketing programs and grand opening PR and merchandising, including new opening POP strategy
Manages promotional content on digital platforms, including website, app, third-party delivery, and digital menu boards
Works collaboratively with internal marketing staff, IT, operations, franchisees and advertising agency to develop and execute short and long-term strategies. Assist, as needed, with store-level marketing programs and grand opening PR, media plans and events .
Ability to interpret data, analyzing and evaluating results for specific programs and campaigns to support the development and refinement of future marketing plans
Keen awareness of emerging restaurant, business, economic, and social trends
• Understanding of industry and brand specific KPIs relating to sales, traffic, check and margin
The above cited duties and resposibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related studies; required
• 3 to 5 years of experience in fast-paced, highly competitive consumer markets, marketing experience required, field/grassroots experience a plus
• Able to define problems, gather data, establish facts and draw actionable conclusions
• Intermediate knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint
• Restaurant industry knowledge and/or experience preferred
• Valid drivers license and transportation
• Less than 30% travel required
• Hospitality, retail or franchise experience preferred but not required
• Strong interpersonal skills and can effectively interact with all levels within the organization
• Ability to facilitate meetings with strong presentation skills
• Innovative and strategic thinker with strong problem-solving and analytical skills
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Excellent project management skills and attention to detail
• Advanced knowledge of Excel and Powerpoint required, knowledge of Illustrator, Acrobat preferred but not required
• Strong written and verbal communication skills understand, synthesize and communicate key ideas
• Ability to work in cross-functional teams and solve problems through process and organization
• Conscientious about meeting project deadlines
• Passion for the restaurant industry and willingness to learn company and industry business drivers
• Hard-working, humble, self-starter personality