Job descriptionSalary: up to 150k
Type: Full-Time; Hybrid
Must live in one of the following: Georgia, Pennsylvania, Arizona, Minnesota, Montana, New York, Ohio, Virginia, West Virginia
We are looking for a Brand Planner for a Marketing + Advertising Agency. This person will be responsible for supporting the core client team and assisting the client teams with all brand planning projects. Specific responsibilities include oversight of consumer insight development for assigned clients and providing thought leadership and hands on direction in all areas of account planning.
- Work to identify the most important audience, their wants, needs and motivations for the brand.
- Provide to the team a deep understanding of who, when and where consumers get information.
- Identify benefits and target messages for key audiences of the brand.
- Generate business and brand-building strategies and ideas.
- Review work and present strategic recommendations to clients.
- Interface with the client on matters of strategic direction and develop partnerships to manage the relationship.
- Oversee insights, strategy development and idea generation as part of a collaborative team; ensure integrated, cross-functional solutions.
- Help build a culture of curiosity and lead efforts to educate and put into action the idea of continuous learning about our clients’ customers.
- Be a trusted advisor with senior clients
- A leader in providing impactful brand, messaging and connections insights for key clients
- Solid grasp of brand strategy and communication planning.
- Have impeccable presentation skills; comfortable presenting to all levels of clients/prospects.
- Skilled at briefing and collaborating with Creative Directors and their teams.
- Core research skills in designing and executing personas, ethnographies, and workshops.
- Ability to analyze data and synthesize into a tangible, actionable insight – a story.
- Build stories for our clients and their brands based on: experience, cultural understanding/connection, general marketing smarts, critical thinking and being courageous with questions and answers.
- Deft at developing powerful narratives to deliver insights and strategy.
- Have a global perspective, be insatiably curious and be fun.
- Have exceptional creative and business writing skills.
- Post graduate degree with an area of focus in Communication or Business or equivalent work experience.
- Have 8-10 years of experience on the brand (client-side), full-service and/or digital advertising and/or PR agency.
- Account planning/strategy or brand management experience.
- Possess broad client experience across business and consumer brands.
- Deep agency experience within a traditional and/or digital advertising agency.
- Understanding of corporate communication
- Basic computer skills
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Internet
- Proficient operator on tools/platforms for planning (Simmons, eMarketer, etc)
- Ability to think, listen, write, analyze, problem solve, work with others.