Our client is looking for a Buyer/Sr. Buyer who will be responsible for developing and executing merchandise strategies to deliver sales, gross profit, and inventory/turnover targets through focused product assortments, and marketing strategies. This position ensures merchandise is purchased to maximize results while enhancing the overall department and company strategy. This position reports directly to the VP of Merchandising.
- Leverage customer needs, industry trends, and competitive information to develop and execute merchandising strategies with strong partnerships from internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop financial plans in conjunction with business strategy with a focus on growing sales, profitability, and inventory turnover.
- Own product selection, negotiating the best purchase terms to maximize profit upfront; Focus assortments to offer consumer best product with a strong price value relationship to ensure optimal productivity by style.
- Partner with training, marketing, and store operations to capitalize on opportunities that will drive traffic and sales.
- Own the monthly forecasting of sales, gross profit and inventory by department; Negotiate and partner with vendors to drive turn and profitability through weekly replenishment, RTVs, and the collection of vendor allowances.
- Analyze and react to business performance at the top line, channel, by store and style.
- Partner with eCommerce to drive top line sales and margin.
- Partner with and support visual store planning to provide in-store presentation guidance.
- Partner with merchandising team members to achieve company objectives.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a buying capacity, overseeing both the creative and financial aspects of merchandising
- 4-year related undergraduate degree preferred but not required
- Strong understanding of merchandising financials, retail math and the ability to manage profitability
- Ability to build and maintain strong vendor partnerships
- Proven experience building a profitable business in specific categories
- Strong product sensibility with preference for product experience
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, and presentation skills
- Knowledge of Open-to-Buy process
- High degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite and Outlook, particularly Excel
- Ability to foster a positive and motivating work environment, encouraging feedback and innovation
- Ability to adapt well to change in direction and priority in a fast- paced and deadline-oriented environment