Reports to Finance Manager
Shift Monday-Friday - 8-hour Day
Overview The Business Analyst will work closely with departments to improve processes, systems, and reporting. This individual will help develop Business Intelligence that aligns with our business goals and drives effective change and growth. The individual will also help ensure effective system and process communication between departments and external partners (e.g., customers, vendors). A successful Business Analyst understands business processes, how to understand clients’ needs and turn them into actionable plans, and can facilitate information transfer between departments and partners.
Essential Job Functions
Although duties will vary as needed, general breakdown is projected to be Business Intelligence=50%, EDI=30%, Other=20%.
• Gathers critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and produces useful business intelligence reports.
• Designs and maintains reports for various teams in partnership with departmental points-of-contact.
• Conducts data analysis and facilitates stakeholder discussions to evaluate processes, determine data requirements, deliver data-driven recommendations, and support implementation.
• Uses Power BI to support data trend analysis and dashboarding.
• Manages and sets up new trading partners (e.g., customers, vendors) in an Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) system and helps with troubleshooting when problems arise.
• Assists database administrators in performing data mapping between multiple systems to ensure data integrity and accuracy.
• Assists department leaders in developing and improving processes where information sharing and communication between departments has a significant impact.
• Develops visualizations for ad-hoc requests and projects, as well as ongoing reporting and report automation.
• Manages competing resources and priorities, ensuring timely completion of projects.
• Stays up to date on the latest process and BI advancements to automate and modernize systems.
• Complies with companies food safety policies and procedures including adherence to SQF standards and FDA regulations.
• Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
• This position reports to the Finance Manager.
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
• Understanding of business processes (e.g., sales, purchasing, operations, shipping, etc.).
• Strong understanding of data visualization tools and methods.
• Capability to work with stakeholders to determine acceptable solutions.
• Experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations.
• Knowledge of various data sources including databases and spreadsheets.
• Strong analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
• Extremely organized with strong time-management and planning skills.
• Ability to work independently and with others across various teams and departments.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Management Information Systems, or similar required.
• 1-2 years of experience in a Business role preferred.
• Power BI or Tableau experience required.
• Previous experience using an EDI system is preferred.
• Position requires the ability to sit for up to 2 hours at a time with extensive data entry and computer keyboard usage.
• The primary work environment for this position is within an office and/or home setting with no adverse conditions present