Timing: Start October/November
Duration: Ongoing full-time
Hours per week: 40
Salary: $90-115K DOE
One of our outdoor sporting goods retail/e-commerce clients is looking for a Category Merchandising Manager to handle buying for their growing men's soft goods lines.
This Category Merchandising Manager will own the vision, strategy, and business results for new product categories.
The Category Merchandising Manager will be responsible for developing annual and mid-term seasonal strategies, guiding go-to-market plans, and coordinating cross-functional execution within the organization.
Ideal Category Merchandising Manager candidates will have:
- The Category Merchandising Manager should be well-versed in all aspects of performance including budgeting, merchandise financial plan, goals, key reports & analysis, and acceleration or gap closing plans.
- This Category Merchandising Manager will also have ownership over the buying process including range selection, vendor relationships, etc. while partnering closely with Visual Merchandising and Marketing.
- BA degree with no less than 5+ years experience in retail buying, new vendor introduction, product management
- Proven experience leading a team of buyers
- Strong negotiation skills and relationship management experience
- Truly understand how to partner and work with cross-functional teams with a reputation for influencing others and earning trust across various levels and organizations
- Know how to take initiatives from conceptualization through completion of large-scale projects
- Self-starter and resourceful work ethic, great integrity
- Commitment to customer service
- Passionate about outdoor sports and activities, both winter and summer
- Comfortable owning processes/deliverables and managing conflicting priorities
- Understand how to succeed in a dynamic, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and comfortable with ambiguity during times of transition
- Willing and able to juggle multiple responsibilities, not someone who relies on a long list of tools/resources in order to complete the job or who is accustomed to delegating work to other teams/departments in a large corporation
*Must be local to CO, WA, UT, NM (preferably Denver, CO)