In conjunction with the Director of Marketing, the Manager, Channel Marketing will lead the growth and development of the brand in the Sephora, Ulta and/or other Retail Channels for the US. The Manager will have the responsibility of developing and implementing marketing strategies to build brand awareness and drive traffic to maximize growth, long-term profitability and build brand equity. The Manager will lead activations by leveraging global innovation and assets, analytics, consumer data, competitive research, and retailer needs.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead the development and execution of marketing plans, sampling strategy, merchandising updates, promotional activities, and product launches in the U.S Market.
- Advocate to Management and Cross-Functional teams for needs to drive awareness and growth targeted to the retailer's consumers.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to prioritize and gain support for retailer initiatives, exclusives, sampling, and collateral needs for launches in the US.
- Oversee retailer and internal meeting preparation including gathering necessary information, creating agendas, leading discussions, and managing follow ups in partnership with Director of Channel Marketing.
- Develop innovative marketing programs leveraging offline/online/digital initiatives while effectively managing the retailer relationship.
- Create, prepare, and maintain marketing, merchandising calendars and sampling plans.
- Manage visual merchandising creative direction and product assortments, partnering with U.S VM manager to brief and route all merchandising materials/copy/layouts for approval.
- Analyze new launch and marketing program performance to deliver both quantitative and qualitative feedback to measure ROI for future enhancements.
- Develop plans and programs in open sell channel to support achieving retail and net sales plans
- Responsible for forecasting, tracking, actualizing and reconciling merchandising and sampling budgets
- Responsible for development of specialty programs and activations inclusive of COGS analysis and ROI
- Validation of Mix of Business projections and develop programs to achieve category penetration and growth target
Qualifications & Competencies:
- 5+ years of marketing experience in cosmetics/beauty industry is required.
- Directly related work in the Sephora, Ulta, and/or Department Stores.
- Experience with social media and digital execution of marketing plans is a plus.
- A passionate, energetic team-oriented individual with strong analytical, interpersonal, creative and leadership skills.
- Strong oral, written, and communication skills.
- Strong sense of urgency, while responding to fast paced, ever-changing environment.
- Working knowledge of prestige beauty market with insights into beauty trends and pop culture.
- Ability to ascertain product trends in competitive and dynamic beauty industry.
- Ability to manage details and multi-task projects.
- Apply knowledge of competitive marketplace, online space, and open sell retail environment
- Balanced approach between creativity and analytics when approaching projects.
- Action oriented with aptitude to work independently and utilize sound judgment.
- Critical expertise required in MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Cognos.