Fashion house is seeking a Colorist to join their Fulltime Development Team
Colorist Job description:
• Oversee and manage the tracking, receiving, and reading of all lab dips and bulk dyelots—work closely with overseas vendors through daily correspondence.
• Maintain accurate color records and color approval histories of each season in internal systems.
• Update and manage color WIPS for weekly meetings.
• Use the spectrophotometer to read all lab dips.
• Maintain weekly maintenance of the spectrophotometer and color lab equipment.
• visually and digitally review lab dips and dyelots for development and bulk production.
• Order and receive all color pantones for cross-functional teams.
• Accountable for timely adherence to calendar dates.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams such as Design, Product Development, Production, etc.
Colorist Desired Skills and Experience:
• At least 5-10 years relevant experience.
• Degree in apparel, textiles or related field. Experience working at an apparel brand in production/product development is a plus.
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft office products
• Must be organized, have a great attention to detail, and can multitask
• Ability to solve problems and analyze
• Working knowledge of textile fabrics and accessories
• Color proficiency certifications required.