Industry: Power Tools and Accessories
Location: Sandy Springs, GA
Type: Full-time; In Office
As the Corporate Communications Manager, you drive positive messaging in the market- implementing Corporate Communications and PR strategies to generate positive media coverage. This individual will be partnering with marketing leadership, you’ll identify media placement opportunities that drive the image of the organization.
- Collaborate with leadership on designing and executing communications strategies.
- Nurture strong relationships with key internal stakeholders, key contacts within the national media, community organizations, trade associations and end-user groups to deliver positive PR messaging.
- Coordinating with marketing leadership you’ll manage and coordinate responses from media inquiries and corporate communication request.
- Draft media materials- press releases, media advisories, fact sheets, content for Brand websites and internal portals, message briefings, key messages and talking points.
- Track and report on media coverage and protect and enhance the reputation of the company in the press.
- Use your storytelling skills to invoke emotion and inspiration- innovate way to proactively pitch media stories and conduct outreach that generates positive media coverage.
- Use your previous experience with event management to coordinate key events, which includes but is not limited to: media invites, event press coverage, media kit creation/distribution, booth/room setup, and working with third party vendors to coordinate A/V, lighting, catering, etc.
- BS degree in Communications, PR or Journalism (or have 8 years of equivalent experience).
- 3+ years of prior experience in media relations and corporate communications along with a history of delivering media relations results that advance the business objectives is a must.
- Experience pitching products is a must
- Agency experience in a consumer goods industry is preferred
- You’ll have contacts and relationships with national media outlets and the ability to engage the media in places where you don’t have prior relationships.
- Your prior successes creating and implementing corporation communications and PR campaigns will be your pride and joy!
- You can’t be shy about working with and advising senior level executives